i want to model!

Best answers
Well i want to model but i can't cause my trial version on ms3d is over and i can't figure out what other thing i should do. Cause im low on money and don't want to buy it. :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get Gmax or blender or XSI|ModTool
or cough up 25 bucks for milkshape..
Check the stickes, bunch of softwares in there.

Best answers
i recomend you get gmax. Once you are good at gmax you can move up to 3ds max cause that is very similar to gmax but with a ton of more stuff!

Best answers
3ds max is expensive, so thats why you should start with gmax first....good advice

Best answers
= o dude that s a bad advice, hes not asking which program is cheaper, he's asking with what soft he should start with ,
definetly not g max couse its a 2x longer road, and it leads to only 1 conclusion "why i didint hit max from the start?"
all softs are expensive, but if he realy wants to model he should try Maya , max, LWO, or XSI. definetly not gmax

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basslover722 said:
Well i want to model but i can't cause my trial version on ms3d is over and i can't figure out what other thing i should do. Cause im low on money and don't want to buy it. :/
if he cant cough up 25 bucks I highly doubt he is able to afford $4000 dollars for 3dsmax

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you want to model, then go and learn, get some cheaps stuff or free stuff, wings3d is fine and free and it has cool tools.

Go and look for tutorials, do it on your own, since noone will always be next to u and explain you steps for steps.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-Nataku- said:
= o dude that s a bad advice, hes not asking which program is cheaper, he's asking with what soft he should start with ,
definetly not g max couse its a 2x longer road, and it leads to only 1 conclusion "why i didint hit max from the start?"
all softs are expensive, but if he realy wants to model he should try Maya , max, LWO, or XSI. definetly not gmax
Dude, that's good advice. All he said is that he wants to model, nothing about what software he should "start" modelling with.

Gmax is a 2x longer road? It is a stripped down version of 3dsmax, once you feel comfortable using gmax, and can make some stuff using it, its not hard then transfering to 3dsmax.

Now. Links time.

Free high-end modelling programs.

Gmax: [SIZE=-1]www.autodesk.com/gmaxXSI Mod Tool: http://webrel2.softimage.com/open/products/mod/v42/setup_XSIDEMO_4.2_MSWin32.exe
Maya Personal Learning Edition: [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]www.autodesk.com/maya-ple[/SIZE]

Best answers
thanks guys that really nice and all is any of those free though? Like i don't want to sound like a cheap bastrd. So thanks for all info im sorry if that this made a conflict eventually you might see some models from me if i can find a program for free. :D

Best answers
PiXel said:
you want to model, then go and learn, get some cheaps stuff or free stuff, wings3d is fine and free and it has cool tools.

Go and look for tutorials, do it on your own, since noone will always be next to u and explain you steps for steps.
just as pixelus says, no need to get 5000$ away, there is realy no reason for that, get yourself trilas of max or maya = 0

bapplebo said:
Gmax is a 2x longer road? It is a stripped down version of 3dsmax, once you feel comfortable using gmax, and can make some stuff using it, its not hard then transfering to 3dsmax.
its even 4 x longer road, why to f*** with a less powerfull tool, waste your time if you can try out the full powered pro toll as max? = o

Mirai_no_Trunks said:
very bad advice !
your the bigest noob ever , just waiting tu put up a silly coment, i wont continue this with you, when you will be atleast 14 , and you will make a 1 model by your own, we can talk then

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm nataku, he aint wrong, Gmax is like a tool to think if you want to use 3dsm or not.

Gmax is just a work inside program, no exporting no good rendering just simply modeling.... animating is even off.
Although i wouldnt choose it work with it my whole life lol.

Trails are fine, 30 days are a quite large time... you should be able to get comfort with one program.

Otherwise When you will use Wings 3d, basslover.... You will be able to learn how to Model,how to rig, how to animate and how to uvw map.... some normal basics wich gmax doesnt has exept modeling....i dunno if gmax even includes uvwmapping.

Nataku lol calm down xD its just the esforums ya know.

Best answers
-Nataku- said:
your the bigest noob ever , just waiting tu put up a silly coment, i wont continue this with you, when you will be atleast 14 , and you will make a 1 model by your own, we can talk then
Somebody woke up on the wrong side of bed today. No need to get all moody and stuff. Just calm down.
And if you only want to practice modelling, i dont recommend buying 4000$ software just for that. You could buy top performance computer with that kind of money. If you need to buy something, buy ms3d, its cheap.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally had the same problem, I'm on gmax until I can get around to buying MS3D

Best answers
Ohh thanks guys but ive taken an interest in mapping its easy and fun and the best part FREE!!!!! YEa! thanks but you can close this thread.

Best answers
-Nataku- said:
just as pixelus says, no need to get 5000$ away, there is realy no reason for that, get yourself trilas of max or maya = 0

its even 4 x longer road, why to f*** with a less powerfull tool, waste your time if you can try out the full powered pro toll as max? = o

you are a noob indeed , first of all i have 17 , and 2nd i made a lot of models by my own , shut up NOOB !

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mirai_no_Trunks said:
you are a noob indeed , first of all i have 17 , and 2nd i made a lot of models by my own , shut up NOOB !
^^ you mean edits or own modeled models with own uvwmaps and own skins and that stuff?

im really interested , show some off!

And basslover.... you can even map in a modeling tool program. but if you mean Mapping for the Hl Engine then you might use Valve Hammer tool.

GL!

Best answers
PiXel said:
Otherwise When you will use Wings 3d, basslover.... You will be able to learn how to Model,how to rig, how to animate and how to uvw map.... some normal basics wich gmax doesnt has exept modeling....i dunno if gmax even includes uvwmapping.
dude,you can't rig or animate with wings3d lol ,just model and uvmap. But i agree its a good program,i still use it together with maya. There aren't much options in wings, and the uv-editor is pretty limited.Still a good program,if you want to model just for fun and not for a game or something. It's your choice man ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom