i wanna start moddeling!!

Best answers
i want to start with modeling,so can you recomend me some moddeling programs......can they be downloaded from internet and where?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Moved to Models/Skins. I think that you'll get the most pertinent response here =]

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i want to start with modeling,so can you recomend me some moddeling programs......can they be downloaded from internet and where?
Milkshape 3D is a good program to start with. However, the unregistered version doesn't allow you to save your work. Besides MilkShape 3D, you have a wide range of choices (3D Studio Max, Light Wave 3D, Maya, etcetera). I personally liked using 3D Studio Max when I tried my hand at modeling.

Unfortunately, there aren't too many free modeling programs out there. Milkshape 3D would be the cheapest to buy.

Best answers
There isnt any free good moddeling program???damn!!!what ever ill buy it in a store!are there very expensive??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I heard 3ds Max is about 3000$
Student (non-commercial) licences are much cheaper.
(I hope nobody starts ranting about how the makers of these programs suck because they want too much money for their tools)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
umm well u cold use a cracked version of ms3d like me , milkshape is the easyest one to use i first time wen i wanted to learn model ing i used 3dsmax and i didnt even know how to create a vertex
anyway heres a page with some tutorials http://www.josh.ch/joshch/tutorials/milkshape,welcome.html , the easyest one i know , and modeling is the easy par , w8 until u want to start skining

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
umm well u cold use a cracked version of ms3d like me , milkshape is the easyest one to use i first time wen i wanted to learn model ing i used 3dsmax and i didnt even know how to create a vertex
anyway heres a page with some tutorials http://www.josh.ch/joshch/tutorials/milkshape,welcome.html , the easyest one i know , and modeling is the easy par , w8 until u want to start skining
We dont suport warez here you know.

Say what ever happened to g-max?

That was free if i recall.

Best answers
Thank you all!ill see what am i going to do!probably ill take cd from some friend....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah but there are plugins/scripts that allow you to export from gmax to usefull filetypes.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can export from Gmax into .3ds or .OBJ (not sure on the second one), so you can definately use it for modding other things, if you know what you're doing.

Best answers
GMAX OR BLENDER!!

NOT MILKSHAPE! PLEASE!! Although milkshape is easy to pick up, it lures you into it's easy interface. Once you start making models, you will find how annoying some of the tools are, that's why I tried to switch modeling programs. When I started using GMAX, it was so hard because Milkshape had made everything seem so easy. But once I got use to GMAX, modeling became a lot let frustrating.

Do yourself a favor, go with GMAX or Blender :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blender, ZModler, Wings3D, Silo, Anim8tor

there are plenty of free Modeling programms. Would suggest to use Wings3D or Blender, i heard they are quite nice.

Silo , dunno if its still open beta or some, but it only costs 100$ ? dont remember, not alot compared to other progs. Silo Is mainly for Highpoly shaping and stuff. Really lovly.

Milkshape, could be a chancefor you, gmax aswell. But it depends with what you start, really. There is nothing easier to learn. Aslong you are able to learn the basic you are actually able to work on any Application, just you nee to know the hotkeys.

Reck: with gmax you have less abilities to export something or other things. I bet he wants to try how to model, texture and probably render nice pics and export it to something or to share it with people. Let him decide. It was your time, but maybe not his ;P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SoftImage|MODTool is pretty good too, lets you export models to hl2 and other supported games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SoftImage|MODTool is pretty good too, lets you export models to hl2 and other supported games.
yes, i forgot about that =) i never use it but i got it on my HD. Its actually the most advanced free programm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom