I use MS3D but i wonder....

DMW

Best answers
I use MS3d and have yet to complete one of my models cuz they all suck imo.So i just start over.I was wondering is there a program easier to use then ms3d,i understand it and everything but would another program be better.Like gmax or lightwave 3D.If i switch to another program would they provide me with more detail or help me use up less poly's(like the quad thing).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I find that the interface has a big effect on my models. Try getting the trial versions of those applications and see how you like them. All I know is Rhino, so I really cant be of much help, but good luck.

5 to 45 minutes?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hear Lightwave is close to MS3D's interface. Gmax is pretty much the same as 3dsmax.

If you switch to another program, yes there is a levelling curve bigger than MS3D's, but you can make models quicker and better. For example, have you read Mad_AxMan's low-poly tut? It shows you how to build a quite good looking torso, in around 5-45 mins, whereas, it took me, personally, around 25 mins. WITH polyflow problems.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bapplebo said:
I hear Lightwave is close to MS3D's interface.
yeh i said that cuz i had used ms3d too till sombuddy told me to use LWO i getted it and it was really familar with it.

its very very familar with lwo. But lwo is easier and faster and handy to use.
The tools there are kinda very helpfull.

i would suggest to try lwo ... cuz you dont need to learn something new at creating a poly... try lwo and read eclipses tut. (its at the stickies)

;) wish´n ya good luck... if ya need help at lwo ask me :) ill be there for you like some other lwo users where there for me :D

DMW

Best answers
Thanks for your help guys(also the good luck wishes,i apreciate it),im gonna try out gmax then and see what i like,cuz i dont like ms3d so much.I really hope that this is a easier program to use and my models come out better,im gonna start with gmax since i know its freeware and i can get it know.Ill start a model tomarrow sometime,for now im gonna browse the forums and play esf.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm ya might think that lwo is much like ms3d ? <-< ... its familar with the use of tools but the features are much better :)

DMW

Best answers
ok ill keep that in mind but if im not mistaken lwo isnt free,so i went with gmax for now,if im not happy i go to lightwave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom