i think i know how to fix the melee animation promblem in ESF Open Beta

Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
hey guys i havent try it but cant we just fix the melee animation promblem useing 3D studio max to make the melee animations?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want to take the 1.3 models and make custom animations, sure that'd fix the melee animations. If you're asking the team to fix them, it's not going to happen

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's wrong with the melee animations, exactly? o_O

Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If you want to take the 1.3 models and make custom animations, sure that'd fix the melee animations. If you're asking the team to fix them, it's not going to happen
lol but will it work?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think some models aren't fully animated, resulting in them doing nothing when an animation would normally be playing.

edit: You want to animate the models yourself?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, I could've sworn that almost all of the OB:F characters had the basic melee animations.

But anyways, I have no idea what animation bug you're talking about, mous, but doing custom animations should fix them.. assuming that there are a few characters who don't have basic animations.

Edit: and of course I played OB:F. I was on the team when it was being worked on.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you want to animate them yourself Mous?

Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hmm, I could've sworn that almost all of the OB:F characters had the basic melee animations.

But anyways, I have no idea what animation bug you're talking about, mous, but doing custom animations should fix them.. assuming that there are a few characters who don't have basic animations.
dam i made this thread to fix everyones promblem with the melee animations they can only use beams....but if i use it and it works i will tell you.;)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't use melee when you're the only person in the server.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even ignoring the fact that no one plays the open beta anymore, I don't think you understand the amount of work and skill required in creating animations. It's not something you can do in five minutes, you're going to need to study and practice for months in order to make something even halfway decent.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep. It's not a bug, it's intentional. It would make absolutely no sense if you were able to swoop and hit the air. :p

Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yep. It's not a bug, it's intentional. It would make absolutely no sense if you were able to swoop and hit the air. :p
well looks like......i cant check and that means that making the animations would be a waste of time -_-

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can do it in 5 minutes... :)

Im not gonna.. but Im able to XD

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well looks like......i cant check and that means that making the animations would be a waste of time -_-
They're possible to check, very easy in fact. HLMV can do the job with no problems at all.

The Open Beta was never designed to be played as a game, it was a showcase of what the team had at the time. If bots weren't working, they didn't work, if animations weren't finished, they weren't finished.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Plus you moved so damn fast. It was so hard to hit anything

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom