[Old PotW] I think I have enough energy! But maybe a little more wouldn't hurt...

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Yeah, Grega is right. Maybe if you grabbed some mods to assist in that game mode, y'know, only allowed to charge Spirit Bomb/Death Ball at a single point, equalizing them both in terms of speed and strength, perhaps health regen for the charger? Slowed beams, so team members could swoop in and block the incoming beams without being literal ninjas in the game, just stuff like that. It would be a rather hard difficulty, from what I understand. The charger would constantly be interrupted by people shooting KI blasts, as Grega said. Perhaps a ban on KI blasts, I guess? I don't know. You'd have to do some serious tweaking, is my ppoint.

But once you do all that, it has some potential to be a good and fun game mode!

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Would be cool if you could donate energy to the spirit bomb in team deathmatch.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would be cool if you could donate energy to the spirit bomb in team deathmatch.
You do that anyhow. The Spirit Bomb does not take the users PL for its power. Instead it takes the average PL of the server. Meaning if you join really late in to the game, the Spirit Bomb that you shoot will be stronger than about half the server playing at that moment.

@Horatio Nerfing KI attacks would accomplish nothing. People can move in full 3D space in ESF. There is simply no effective way to cut them off. They can swoop in, do one hit and escape before someone else has a chance to cut them off.

Last edited:
Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
What about if you have an Allied and an Enemy AI representation that keeps charging an energy attack with every team kill. So for eg. you'd have Frieza for Red team and Goku for Blue team, you can't control these characters, you just have a timer in which each team would have to kill as many of the opposing team to charge the attack of their team's "mascot". At the end Goku would throw the Spirit Bomb that was powered up with all the Blue team kills and Frieza would throw the Death Ball that was also powered up from all the team kills and the team with most kills would obviously overpower the other. This would make a nice spectacle and give the players a nice objective to fight towards :).

A sweeter variation of this could be that these Goku and Frieza "mascots" could have an ongoing beam battle for the whole Team Deathmatch and equally the team kills would power up their beams. Could also do some voiceovers when the timer reaches certain marks and stuff.

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
That would be great, if the movement was restricted to ground combat, but in a game where you can freely fly and target people from across the map. It would boil down to who can shoot the guy faster with KI attacks and make hit&runs on him with melee.
put the "charge zone" under damage protection from a certain distance. anything outside the bubble won't damage the charger and only the charger. beams can still get through and damage the charger's allies but the charger will take no damage. Make this bubble very big. If the maps are really going to be that big this huge bubble shouldn't be a problem. the bubble should be sized like a big dome was dropped over the spirit bomb. Maybe a cylinder shape would work too that reaches from sky to ground. As long as it keeps enemies far enough from "sniping".

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
The Spirit Bomb does not take the users PL for its power. Instead it takes the average PL of the server. Meaning if you join really late in to the game, the Spirit Bomb that you shoot will be stronger than about half the server playing at that moment.
You mean we can't raise our hands to give Goku our energy?? :cry:

I wanted to go like thiiiiiiisssss!!! :cry:

Capture.PNG

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
From what Dalte said the spirit bomb will be about as threatening as a player coming at you.. with the force of a bomb XD I'm stoked! I could just imagine trying to block that thing.. Oh GEE!!! (Frieza didn't want to but he tried, and failed >,,< ) Seems like the force and magnatude behind each of the ki based attacks has been given a very beautiful and powerful feeling too em. Just cant wait to get my hands on this >,,,<

Best answers
From what Dalte said the spirit bomb will be about as threatening as a player coming at you.. with the force of a bomb XD I'm stoked! I could just imagine trying to block that thing.. Oh GEE!!! (Frieza didn't want to but he tried, and failed >,,< ) Seems like the force and magnatude behind each of the ki based attacks has been given a very beautiful and powerful feeling too em. Just cant wait to get my hands on this >,,,<

Yeaaaa that would be pretty awesome actually! Maybe they can make it so a teammate can jump in and help block the spirit bomb away. If a few stronger players push it back it can be thrown back the other direction.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Should totally do something like if it hits someone on your team then it bounces back, sort of like how Goku had Gohan push the Spirit Bomb back at Vegeta.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know why, but reading Nebulas post made me want firing ki blasts to have the same force and feeling as firing a .50 or anti-air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom