I take ESF Models requests

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
You ever wanted to have your own personalized ESF player model?

Just post a picture and I'm going to make it for you.

PS: for Moderators, can I make the models from editing other models and post them without credits, because come on, who cares anymore, let the people enjoy their custom characters, no one cares about 1.2.3 models anymore that much, I at least promise I will make good quality model edits :D

Cell:

Credits: ESF Team for 1.2.3 Cell Skeleton, UM-WFS Team for Model

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Ill take cell, just take the one from 1.2.3 and polish it so it matches the Final.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Ok, Nedgi, I shall try it. :D

You want it to look similar to this?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Yes thats exactly what i want

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Is it ok if I use UM-WFS Cell instead of 1.2.3, it is a bit better and I can make it look more like 1.3 Final version

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
as you wish

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you didnt create the model fully, you need to post credits. Thats the rules here.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
If you didnt create the model fully, you need to post credits. Thats the rules here.
Ok, I will post credits, but the real creators of the models will never know because I can't ask them for permission, most old school modelers are not around here anymore.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Credits are enough. Unless the readme that comes with the original model says otherwhise. Smos models for example are a no edit zone since he strictly wanted it like that.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Ok, I'm going to read the readmes of the models I change.

oh and what about models from other games like bt3 or xenoverse? i found some on the internet and i dont know how they got them to work with esf but they are pretty good

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That i dont know. Technically those models are licenced material from the get go.

As for how they got them working. Once you decompile a model, converting it to other formats isnt really hard. You just need to edit the files a bit and recompile in a new way.

For example. You get a BT3 Goku, add an ESF skeleton to it and simply recompile it as a HL model. Depending on the polygon count, you may need to edit the model a bit for the compiler to work, but thats about it.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
as you wish

what do you think of it?

@Grega, here are some of the models I found online, well if they are licensed, I cant post download links of them, but they look nice

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Bump? what do you guys think of that cell model?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
So you just recolor models ?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
So you just recolor models ?
not just recolor, i also tweaked the 3d mesh a bit to look more like the screenshot of the new model, i cant make a new cell model just like that so quickly, at least its better then the one before

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Flat colors and i don't see much of 3d mesh editing. You could change those fingers to not look like small spears.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Credits are enough. Unless the readme that comes with the original model says otherwhise. Smos models for example are a no edit zone since he strictly wanted it like that.
you know i was a moderator here for a long time, was removed because i tend to disappear for years at random. While i do appreciate seeing my credits rule still being upholded, You wont hurt my feelings if you make an exception for Smos work. Anything we can do to annoy that clown is worth the risk.

but yeah, even if you cant track down the author for permission, just a namedrop
is enough. If they arent around to answer the question they likely wont be around to see you post it, its a catch 22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom