I sold my soul to guild wars.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So yeah, been playing guildwars like there is no tomorrow. It's really quite sad. I played ALLLLL DAY last sunday from when I woke up, to when i went to sleep, with the occasional stretch, some food to munch on, and a shower.

So my question to thee is, do you play guild wars? And if so, what characters do you have?

I have a level 11(or 12) Warrior/Elementalist, a level 13 Monk/Necromancer (I made him sunday, and played with him all day) and a level 9 Necromancer/Mesmer(Made him yesterday and played with him today)

So yeah. So far I LOVE my monk/Necro and my necro/mesmer. I haven't died yet with my necro, so i feel it's a really good combo. and my monk / necro is great. I can raise the dead to fight while i heal others. Sorry, i'm addicted. I'll get over it in a week or so, once everyone is lvl 20 :eek:

Perfect time to get into GW, finals started today for me. :(

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I played Guild Wars for a few months when I was in summer session and the course load was either light or non-existant.

I had a level 20 Mesmer/Necromancer (started off as a Mesmer/Warrior, with some success up until late in the game). I actually found it difficult to use my secondary profession's skills later in the game - my Mesmer skills seemed to be more than enough to kill everything off.

I must caution you, however, that you might not get over the game even when your characters are at level 20. If you happen to like PvP a lot, the level cap won't make any difference - trust me.

EDIT - Ah, I found a picture of my Mesmer/Necro in his Guild Hall of choice. I miss that cape of his =\

EDIT 2 - ...and another - toiling away in the desert with the silly henchmen (couldn't find any level-headed group members around, so I thought I'd take my chances with the henches)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin_You said:
I played Guild Wars for a few months when I was in summer session and the course load was either light or non-existant.

I had a level 20 Mesmer/Necromancer (started off as a Mesmer/Warrior, with some success up until late in the game). I actually found it difficult to use my secondary profession's skills later in the game - my Mesmer skills seemed to be more than enough to kill everything off.

I must caution you, however, that you might not get over the game even when your characters are at level 20. If you happen to like PvP a lot, the level cap won't make any difference - trust me.
I don't know whether to be happy or sad. On the one hand I want to keep playing this game that I oh so very much love. But on the other I don't want to be addicted. (We all saw what happened to loki when he was addicted to ESF, he'd leave for a day, saying he quit esf to get off his addiction, then the next day he was playing again)

If you guys want to play with me sometime or something my ingame name is Chris Lacey

I like playing with people more than bots. Bots are ****in' retarded. Yeah Majin_You, I know what you mean with the Mesmer. At first i was like "Okay what are the classes" and i read them, and i thought mesmer sucked. I though it was all about blinding people or making them slow or w/e, but boy was I wrong.

Mesmers are great. And if you combine them with Necromancers they are even stronger. With my necro/mes i can stop a guy in his tracks so he can't move, then i can make it so he cant attack, after that, i make it so when he attacks he loses health, and if he uses spells he loses health, i can steal their energy, and with a necro i steal health and heal myself then when they die i raise bone horrors and stuff. I had over 10 bone horrors at one time, all doing the work for me, i didn't even have to fight. I love it.

I could talk about this game for hours on end, so i'm going to stop now.

::EDIT::
If GW is this addicting, i'm glad I'm not playing WoW =/

Best answers
i started playing a little while ago, i'm a level 11 warrior/necromancer, if you ever wanna play my name is Zoran Ko, i'm in a guild i could probably get you into if you want. i'm loving my build, i get to get in close combat and mess things up, and i use my cool necromantic powers to keep me alive...while still messing things up.

PS. WoW is crap compared to guild wars, and i don't even really like guild wars that much(its good but theres better MMO's)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sweet, I'll add you to my friends list. Though I'm already in a clan. My friend from RI made it, so im in it specifically because it's a guild for people at a school i used to go to, so...yeah. Sorry.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is no reason to bring up WoW here. So let's not and say we did, eh?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm, maybe I should install the game again, I got a level 17 or 18 Warrior/Monk and a level...10 if I remember right Necro/Mesmer.
Well, if you ever see someone go by the name Jade Valador, you know that I installed the game again. Probably need a new guild though, because when I just stopped the game (school started again >.<) my guild was...ermm....I don't know, but not getting along very well anymore.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guild Wars is looking more and more interesting to me. I'm not a big fan of the game cards you buy to play, for certain other MMORPGs, so I might just give Guild Wars a try.

Nice screenies. :3

Best answers
i'll add you to my friends list as well we can get together and do some quests, i'm on and off sporadically during the week but i should be on for long periods of time on the weekend. so i may or may not be on till then.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm planning on getting it when I muster up the money. I always hated MMO's, but hey, this one has no monthly fee so it can't hurt that much trying it out.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
I'm planning on getting it when I muster up the money. I always hated MMO's, but hey, this one has no monthly fee so it can't hurt that much trying it out.
I think you'll like it. It gives you that "We are at war with some other race" feeling. When you start out, you're in a peaceful town, and you learn skills and get trained. And you spend HOURS and HOURS in pre-searing. I mean, jesus, pre-searing alone is like 6 or 7 hours worth. And that's a tutorial

Once you get in post searing it looks like hell was raised above ground, and everywhere you go you have to fight fight fight.

So far there are only 2 things that bug me, 1. People in every city are constantly "WTS this" and "WTB that" it get's pretty annoying. 2. It can get pretty damn hard at times. and 3. People who don't know how to count.

::EDIT::

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/Snowboarder7497/thats.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/Snowboarder7497/Cheersmate.jpg

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tight screens, y0. o/

What class is that martial artist dude? Looks like something I'd use. XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Tight screens, y0. o/

What class is that martial artist dude? Looks like something I'd use. XD
It's a monk, pretty good class.

also, I got into this game. the only thing it has going for it to win my heart is the 'No-monthly-pay' thing.

Best answers
Heh, I play. Not too much but I tend to play a bit per day. I have a 20 N/Mo and... the others my friends made, but don't play at all. Too bad only one is post searing and the other is still pre searing so they have no good items for me to loot :/

I took screenies too, so I shall upload and edit this post with my pics.

Best answers
i got the game over chirstmas break, so when i went in to the post searing world i expected this desolate wasteland, and i come into the city and see festive lights every where and snowmen and presents lying on teh ground, i was like WTF. It was just a chirstmas thing though, it was pretty cool too. They had a PvP mission where it replaced all your skills with snowball skills such as yellow snow, pack a rock in, and throw snowball. and the two teams duked it out, ti was good fun.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that was wierd. I got this present from some kid (like an actual kid, some npc ingame) and I don't know what to do with it, so I just put it in storage, now christmas is over lol

Probably like a candy cane and stuff. It was cool because the candycanes take away your death penalty.

And that's my monk there. That's his dancing animation. It's quite cool.

If you ever play the game, get an elementalist just to watch him dance, it's so ****in' funny.

The game gets really really hard once you reach Yaks. There are so many guys to kill along the way you end up dying. All my characters die except my monk and my necro.

But it's cool. I've played more this week than all the time before this week added up. Some people wouldn't like it. Others will. It's free, it's got great game play, great graphics for an MMO. So I'm pretty happy with it.

Best answers
i played guild wars a long time ago and i really didn''t like it, but it was because i came in expecting the wrong thing. I tried it thinking "this is gonna be like everquest but free!" but it really wasn't. This time i went in thinking "this is gonna be like Diablo 2 but better" and i'm really enjoying it this time around. So if anyone decided to play this game don't come in thinking its gonna be like WoW/EQ/FFXI etc... just a warning so you don't get dissapointed like i did.

PS. warriors have the best dance, oh baby!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tolore said:
i played guild wars a long time ago and i really didn''t like it, but it was because i came in expecting the wrong thing. I tried it thinking "this is gonna be like everquest but free!" but it really wasn't. This time i went in thinking "this is gonna be like Diablo 2 but better" and i'm really enjoying it this time around. So if anyone decided to play this game don't come in thinking its gonna be like WoW/EQ/FFXI etc... just a warning so you don't get dissapointed like i did.

PS. warriors have the best dance, oh baby!
Maybe, but you must think, what if someone came in expecting one of those, but they still enjoy the game very much?

I know I did. Went from WoW -- GW, thinking they were similar. I was wrong, but still very glad I bought it o/

Best answers
oh im not saying you shouldn't get it if you like WoW or other MMO's, you should definently try it out, but it is very different. Its a good game and definently worth playing(especially fo rthe low low monthly cost).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom