I remember when...

Best answers
So looking at the who do you miss thread, I began to reminisce about some of my newer days here at the forums. There were lots of great things that happened, so I decided that we should all reminisce about them. So...just give a little anectdote about some funny memory on here or IRC.

I remember back in the day when #outcasts were the **** and everyone loved us so much that we always got put in the forum fiction threads. And there would always be heaping helpings of mansecks waiting for me everytime I logged onto IRC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Horray for being new. Just a question, how long have these forums been up?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember Magus and Glenn practically chatting with eachother as they posted replies to tournament threads. Spammers :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember when using Cell got you hated by many in-game. (EARLY Alphas)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember when I pictured Optimus Prime as a dark and cold mod who ruled with an iron fist, and that Magus was his equal.

Boy was I wrong :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember when me and Rocky used to own the suggestions forum, promoting or putting down ideas (always in a constructive way o_o), that's how my post count soared, I was literally doing 30 a day in Suggestions alone. Then Rocky left and I pretty much stopped going there. I blame WoW.

I also remember the VVU.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember the days when I was a nut case for forum staff to handle :eek:.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Deman said:
I remember Magus and Glenn practically chatting with eachother as they posted replies to tournament threads. Spammers :(
stfu ChannelForThePa :p

I remember FM's ki ball thread, then Deman challenged him back with his own ki..

Heh, I remember VT's "pie thread"

Also there was a large thread simply titled "I'm bored, anyone wanna talk?"

glenn spammed teh forums once, and didn't even get a warning, ;P

I also remember when TehMuffinMan (shijing) was only "the sound pack guy" and not the guy who did everything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember... I was a huge **** back in the day and earned myself seven warnings...

I'm still a ****, except I don't get warnings anymore :D

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember the Alpha days, when everyone spammed bigbang.

I also was the master of finger laser and death ball.

Woah, anyone remember SSJ Script?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Synth said:
I remember the Alpha days, when everyone spammed bigbang.

I also was the master of finger laser and death ball.

super secret ssj3 models ftw ;)

I miss ecchi :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember before this place got all internetified, and there used to be more than five people here over 18.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember the madness that was the Spam/Testing Section, and the time when Magus almost got a warning.

Hmm...what else...

I remember the time when the header for the forums was occupied by a running wireframe of an Imperfect Cell model, and I remember Magus' "ESF Newsletter", and the interviews therein.

I remember when Hibiki wasn't a moderater or a tester...man, that was ages ago. I also remember recognizing Cucumba as "Cucumba!" and trying to convince him to get MSN for weeks.

And, of course, I remember all the fun that was had when the other dudeman, "dudeman666" (aka "dudegirl") was trying to convince us of his Ki mastery.

I'll think of more as I delve deeper into the swirling maelstrom that is my memory.

frsrblch said:
Just a question, how long have these forums been up?
The vBulletin version of the ESF forums has been up since November of 2001. Before that, the team used uBB, I believe, and those were up for a while (I joined only a month or 2 before the switch to vB was made, so I'm not certain how long the uBB was being used).

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember like quite a few incarnations of the forum all the way back to ESF Alpha 2.0. I remember when cheeseman and VT were active admin, when Val was lead tester and when Antoine was still doing the SSJ Script. Damn, I've been aorund for a while :p

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus said:
glenn spammed teh forums once, and didn't even get a warning, ;P
OH! I remember that too. Didn't he spam 50 posts to get a custom av, get his post count and av deleted, then do it again? I sent him a PM warning him about that, and he made an angry PM back :p

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Synth said:
Yeah, I do, I'm trying to find somoene who has it so I can post it in the alpha on steam thread.

I r miss alpha and all the other forum whores ;(

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember when Myself, and GFK and I think Light Scream would take sigs and rip them off, we started an epidemic where people complained constantly and then a new rule was instigated.

Best answers
I remember GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Deman said:
OH! I remember that too. Didn't he spam 50 posts to get a custom av, get his post count and av deleted, then do it again? I sent him a PM warning him about that, and he made an angry PM back :p
Yea, that was pretty slick.

I remember the beta 1.0 forum where ChannelForThePa reigned supreme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom