I now know what true fear is.

Best answers
I was in classes when my legs gave out from under me. Could not move them at all. Someone called 911 and had to do some tests...find out my muscles in my legs was giving out. I was shocked because this does run in my family. My uncles was not so lucky with it. But why now? The best i can hope for seems to be it does not get worse *my arms* musclerdisophe or something like that is called. Anyway doctors told me i need to make plans and to learn how not to depend on my legs. Because a chance i could never walk again. *this is the reason i been posting alot more *

Fear is all i feel right now. My uncles had a tough life. Now i understand it alot better.If it was not for my wife or friends i dont know if i would be here right now. I am very lucky to have people who cared.Well why am i telling you all this? I guess i need to let it out. I have hit the floor so many times pass couple days because i trying to walk when i cant. I even cried for first time in years. So dont know whats going to happen. All i know is fear of what can happen.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Wow. I can't imagine having that feeling, nor do I want to.

The only advice I can give you, is try to stay optimistic about your situation, and remember that there are other people going through the same thing you are.

My best wishes are with you.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
I'm sorry to hear that NightShades, that must be pretty scary, I hope that isn't go any further then your legs, it would suck if your arms would go down aswell.

Isn't there are a cure for this?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude, that totally sucks. I also know how leg problems are, but probably not to that extreme. Hope it doesn't get worse for you..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoa, man, sorry to hear that,I hope it doesnt turn perm,good luck and dont give up.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My best wishes, stay positive and work as hard as you can to fight this. Please keep us updated.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I really hope you can walk again. Had my back operated on once and couldn't walk for a few weeks, so I know what it's like to feel a little helpless.

Best of luck.

Best answers
damn man thats awful. Keep your head high though and keep trying. I wish i could help u in anyway but ive never faced a problem of that intensity before. I hope u will be able to continue ur walking.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That really sounds horrible dude. I once broke my femur and it limited my walking abilities for a short while, I just couldn't stand it. I can't imagine what it would be like to have no use of either leg.

I hope this doesn't get any worse for you. Best wishes man.

Best answers
I have to say, I have an aunt that was born paralyzed from her hips down, and I can't imagine what it would be like without my legs. She has written a couple books since then, and I hope it would help you know that I believe you can be just as successful with or without the use of your legs. You have a high spirit and I truly believe you can pull through this, my thoughts are with you friend.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remember: Legs only comprise two of your appendages (sp?). This day in age you don't have to have legs to get around, although I don't think anyone would tell you they'd want to give them up. Everybody has their own issues, one of yours happens to be your legs. I can't imagine how hard that would hit me, but at least it isn't the end of everything.

Anyway, enough of the "I'm sorry for you" babble. You may lose your legs, and that's rough, and nobody wants to go through that, but if it's going to happen it is going to happen. That'll be one of those personal battles you'll beat yourself up about over and over if it happens, but eventually you'll overcome and end up a stronger person. Good luck with all of that.

Best answers
Well sry to hear that your legs are no longer going to work. Everything happens for a reason, remember that. There was a reason that your legs go out now. That's one thing we all take for grantide. Not many ppl can have the use of their legs. I hope you have a dream that you are already fulfilling that doesnt require the use of your legs. You shouldnt feel fear though. This is not the end of the world. You still (hopefully) still have your arms, hands, head, torso, your lungs. You still have plenty of stuff that works. Just be thankful its not a disease that will kill you. Dont worry guy, you'll be fine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bah... sorry to hear that man. You'll pull through, just think positive, and if things don't go your way, then you'll just have to deal with it. Good luck.

Best answers
have faith man, that's the only thing that can help YOU, or at least the mental you. hope is the best tool you can use against this problem, and believe me it's enough to cure anything
i too know what it's like to have a family problem, my grandfather (of my father's side) died of a heart attack, my dad had a minor coronary arrest not too long ago. i hope that i will be the lucky one, but who knows...

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Just know you've got the whole ESF community behind you Nightshade; whether or not you ever stand again you're always going to be a figure of importance to the people of this forum just as I know you must be to your friends and family.

Stay strong, Nightshade.

Best answers
Man, I can't say I know personally what it's like to not be able to walk, but my brother has weak muscles and has a similar problem. But be like him and don't let you get it down: Legs ain't everything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im really sorry to near this Nightshade. I really can't relate to how it must feel to lose the use of both your legs so I cannot say anything on this note. The only thing I can do is pray that it is temporary and that it goes no further.

*huggles Nightshade a lot*

Best answers
Goddamn, what is it with the vets and health problems...first MetroTek, now Nightshade....I can't imagine how freaked out you must be, I just hope you get over it quickly.

HOWEVER...the one saving grace of muscular distrophy(if you can call it that) is that it only affects muscles. Certain other appendages around your legs will still work fine. Some may find that in poor taste, I'm just trying to brighten your day :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like me and you have a lot in common, NS. I'm sorry to hear about this, it sucks cause you're my bro. It must really suck fearing whether or not you'll be able to walk again. But I have faith that you'll get through this. You just gotta believe that you can get through it.

My mom was hit by a car while she was crossing the street, she was dragged 60+ feet under the car. Almost everything in her body was broken and was in a coma for 1 month. Now she's walking and talking perfectly, her right leg is permanently swollen and has a metal rod in it. If she can get through 1 year of being hospitalized and gowing through a **** load of operations, then I have faith that you can get through you're trouble. You just need to think about the people that make you move forward in life, find some inspiration that will help you through these hard times.

I'll make sure to pray for you tonight, NS. Get well soon, bro.

P.S. - Play Ninja Gaiden all day!

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is really unfortunate to hear such news. I can only imagine what it would be like to suddenly lose the ability to walk. But just remember you do have family and friends, including us, that are here for you.

You will be in my prayers, and I hope you the best in the future. You're a tough guy, it'll take more than a silly disorder to stop you ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom