i need some help on installing esf ecx rc2 n big pack 8.4

Best answers
ok, im quite lost. im a little disipointed in myself because i used to no how to do all these things. ive already succesfully installed esf, but now i am confused. i installed ecx rc2 to the esf file in my hlf file. then i put the big pack 8.4 file into the esf file. is this correct? when i go to play the local server wont start, and i think i screwed up somewhere along the way. can some1 help? thanks alot

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF and ECX must be installed in the same folder. So, you install ESF into steamapps/something/half-life, you install ECX to steamapps/something/half-life.
Then, you install PB into steamapps/something/half-life/esf. Done.

Best answers
dunno y, but its not working. i go to start a server, and the music just stops. when i try a second time, it starts, but it never loads. it says something about my dl differs from the server or somthing like that when i go to join a server....wtf is wrong?!?!?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DLL differs from server means that you have a different version than the server.

Can you tell me what files you downloaded?

Best answers
i dled esf, ecx rc2, and bigpack 8.4

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

i dont no what i did wrong. i deleted my previous esf/ecx rc2 and then reinstalled both according to the guidelines hleV gave me, and it still doesnt work. what is the trick to getting this game to work!?!?!?!?

Best answers
i am using steam right and i do have a valid copy of halflife installed. yesterday, i typed in the console map gero_lab and it say Host_error, Wrong Game DLL. Game DLL is 140, Engine DLL is 40. ESF appears to be outdated, please look for updates. is there a new update for esf ecx rc2 or bigpack8.4?????? i dont understand what im doing thats screwing up this game!

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Strange. Maybe Steam screwed up everything again.

That Game DLL error have only appeared to me once, when I was trying to launch Linux ESF server on 48 protocol with Metamod included.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait can you open your console and type in "version"?

Itll show some text. Can you post a screenshot of that?

Last edited:
Best answers
alright, i finaly fixed the problem. thanks for all the help guys, especially grega who helped me step by step.

Best answers
i have some problems too i don't know where i can find the bigg pack

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom