I need some feedback on my PC build

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because of an 'incident' with my current wooden box, I have decided to buy a new PC. My budget is of around 2000$.
Here's what I came up with:
Case: CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced
Power Source: Seasonic S12II-620
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-z77x-D3H
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k
Cooler: THermalright True Spirit 120 Rev. A
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 660 Ti WindForce 2X 2GB DDR5 192-bit
RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL10 Dual Channel Kit
I'll be using this build for gaming, but mostly for 3D and video editing and rendering.

Like the title says, I need some feedback.
I would also appreciate some display advice. They need to be have a height of 1080 pixels max, they need an HDMI port, between 23 and 24 inch and under 250$.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
1. If you have the extra space go for a phantom from nzxt. (Own one myself and it's friggin awesome)
2. For graphic cards i suggest getting the asus version and in this case if it fits the budget a 670. (beats a 580) 660ti is about as fast as the 580.
3. it's just me but i'm an asus/intel/nvidia/corsair fanboy ^^ this is what i would pick for keeping the price low, if not go for the RoG versions of asus: p8z77-v-le-plus-ddr3-socket-1155-intelreg-z77
4. Ram: 16gb-2x8gb-1600mhz-cml16gx3m2a1600c10b-blue
5. Psu: Corsair 650w-tx650-enthusiast-seriestrade-cp-9020038-eu

I don't have experiences with cpu coolers as i'm still using my stock cooler and it doesn't come above 40 degrees if i put my case his fans on full throttle :p
Than again i'm using the older generation i5 atm.

For the screen: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1971014&sku=S205-2404
it's just at 250 dollars :eek:

Also in a new system this is rather usefull:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/250g...oggle-nand-read-540mb-s-write-250mb-s-96k-iop

Oh well the screen, gtx670, and case are the most important things imo.
You're system should work nontheless. I just don't know how much 2000$ is.
but if i had to build myself a system with 2000 euros it'd be friggin epic ^^

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. I wanted to get one, but it's kind of hard to find these days (also, I'm trying to get most of the parts from the same shop)
2. Most of the people I talked to said that while the 670 is better than 660ti, the price/performance ratio is worse. Also, I'm going Gigabyte for my MOBO, so I'd rather keep parts 'in the family'.
3. See 2.
4. I also wanted to go Corsair for my RAM, but the best ones have that comb radiator, which is annoying to get around.
5. It seems like a good alternative.

As for monitors, I decided to go Dell.
http://www.pcgarage.ro/monitoare-led/dell/u2312hm-23-inch-8ms-gtg-black/ to be more exact.
Some coworkers in the art department recommended it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yah idk why nzxt is so hard to get your hands on... they're friggin epic :p
Just to bad mine doesn't support usb3 on top. (it's an outdated phantom)

People are right, 660 gives more performance/cost but doesn't avoid the fact that the 670 is actually better at
gpu intensive applications... at some applications the diffrence between 660ti and 670 is enormous but at some theres none.
Depends on how much bandwith the applications actually need i guess.
Bandwith is the main reason i went for a gtx580. wich a year later still does a more than wonderfull job. (be it a lot more energy wasting than the current gtx6 series)

The diffrence between ram speeds is barely noticable. even between ddr2@800 and ddr3@1600...
Not sure how this affects video editting though.

Yah i don't have much experience with monitors (hands-on).
I do know that hp and samsung monitors are wonderfull thingies.
Iiyama on the other hand (my current monitor) sucks at black levels and colors ...
Never buying iiyama again lol.

--- edit ---

Ooh i almsot forgot to mention that you really should consider getting a ssd bootdisk.
It's the best performance update you could possible get atm :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom