Best answers
OK that's my problem:
When iam at the end (or at the top) of the map, all objects in the map just DISAPPEAR and i only can see players. How can i fix this problem?!:(

Best answers
ya try fly up 2 the things, then ull probaly find em

Best answers
Yes this problem can be used as annoyance and sortof cheating as sometimes it allows you to see past objects and walls and you can see where anyone is...

Im not sure about this but I think ive fired while in that view and it explodes rite infront of my face like theirs some sort of invisible wall infront of it =/

I think ive seen one map that it dosnt do it on ill have to explore and find it if i was right.

Best answers
This is a bug in the game I believe. It happens when you are right against the skybox, but the "camera" is behind it, causing things to disappear. I think the dev team said this is being fixed for beta 1.1, but until then, you can try putting a small (16 units possibly) wall in front of the skybox and apply the clip texture. This will make it so they see the sky normally, but they wont be able to move that close to the wall, and thus the camera shouldn't get behind the skybox. You just need to find the right thickness of your clip wall. :)

Best answers
Thanks, Sandrock, but i will wait for 1.1 (i understand allmost nothing about maping)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not something that can be fixed. If you move against the skybox, it's going to happen. It's due to the fact that the 'camera' has moved beyond the confines of where the map exists, thus the glitches. I don't know much about mapping, but one could probably surround the playable area with 6 invisible brushes to act as a boundary. Personally, i don't think it's a big problem.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Yes thats exactly what I was talking about Karrde. Along the edges of your map where the sky is exposed, create a brush and texture it with the clip texture (zhlt needed). It will create an invisible barrier so they cant get that close to the wall. We just need to figure out how big that wall has to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom