I Need a Very Newb and easier guide on how to install esf from square 1.

Best answers
hi i've tried doing installing esf the way it says on the sticky but i don't understand it that much, i would appreciate it if someone could post a very simple guide on how to install esf from square 1. many thanks.

Best answers
DragonDude said:
There's a sticky in the very section you're posting in titled How to install ESF.
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=58675

It assumes you have nothing but a valid Half-Life 1 CD key.

um... i've already tried following that guide, but when i tried to download steam it doesn't go into the right place it goes into my documents same with the whole entire ESF file. I would like a simple guide.

i don't know what this part means:

Run the .exe file you just downloaded to install Steam and let it update completely. You will need your CD-Key from the back of your Half-Life 1 case.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
veqeta

It means after you download steam, run it and install it.

If it installs into your My Documents folder, change the place you want it to install by clicking "Browse" and selecting where you want it.

Best answers
veqeta said:
um... i've already tried following that guide, but when i tried to download steam it doesn't go into the right place it goes into my documents same with the whole entire ESF file. I would like a simple guide.

i don't know what this part means:

Run the .exe file you just downloaded to install Steam and let it update completely. You will need your CD-Key from the back of your Half-Life 1 case.

In other words double click the file that downloaded into your documents folder, if it asks whether or not you want to run the program (unknown program, unsigned blah blah blah... windows security)
click yes/install.
let it install to the default directory which should be
"C : \ Program Files \ Valve" ----(ignore spaces that i put here)
it will install the steam folder there.
when it is done open that folder if it does not put a shortcut on your desktop and double click steam.exe
let it run, and let it download updates.
if you haven't already, set up a steam account (free)
open your steam menu click games tab
choose to register new game.
it will ask for key, use it now (must be legit, will not work with fake).

now you will have a list of games available for you to install.
choose half-life, it will download the game and install it on your computer.
**** this part is important *****:
you must run half-life and play for a couple of minutes BEFORE you install Earth's Special Forces, or it will NOT work.
Now install ESF.
Play Game.
Enjoy Game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom