i need a new graphix card...

Best answers
i currently have an integrated nvidia GeForve 4 Mx graphics card... i am running vista on it and it working decently... I want to upgrade my graphics card so that vista can now rumn other applications such as the new movie maker and dvd maker.. i'd also like a graphics card that can support games such as fear .. and battlefield 2... i have 512 mb of ddr sdram... i do inted on getting a nother gig stick... and dvd burners broken.. getting another one ... OH and my sound card is not supported by vista... wierd right?.. well i need one of those... so if any of u guys can help me find a new graphics card and sound card i'd appreciate it.. much thnx

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Any specific max price?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
If you can, try look for something like a Radeon x800 or x850 they are faster than a 7600GS and can be found allot cheaper on sites like ebay and what-not.

Best answers
If you can, try look for something like a Radeon x800 or x850 they are faster than a 7600GS and can be found allot cheaper on sites like ebay and what-not.
will these run games like fear and battlefield 2?

Best answers
Well both the 7600 and the X800/850 will play games like BF2.

I do agree with Pemalite though. If you can get an X800, make sure its an X800XT (that card has 16 pipes i believe... vs 12 with the 7600GS).

Best answers
how much are x800.. or x850... can the be bought for approx like 100 dollars?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
X850 sells for as low a 90 dollars right now:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Description=x850+xt

However, for 60 dollars more, you can get an MSI Nvidia 8600GTS OC @ 700/1050 (instead of the 675/1000) Which is similair in power to the X850, but is a DX10 card. So you would be able to play future DX10 games (though not at highest settings, not like you would be able to do that with the X850) and it uses a new video processor, so it will decode HD movies for you instead of having your processor doing that task. But that's a choice you will have to make.

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=NX8600GTS-T2D256E_OC&class=vga

I would seriously advice the 8600 if you intend to watch HD movies later on, and if you don't have a powerful processor, because it takes quite some power for your processor to decode a HD movie.

Best answers
I dunno about the other vid cards but I have a Evga7600GS (passive cooled) it runs BF2 fine... I myself am gonna upgrade to 8600GT (for COD4)

You may want to go for a 8 series IF you want to have DX10 aswell.

Best answers
I dunno about the other vid cards but I have a Evga7600GS (passive cooled) it runs BF2 fine... I myself am gonna upgrade to 8600GT (for COD4)

I'd be surprised if it didn't run BF2 well...

Its pretty much up to you Bobmundo. Every card that we have told you about so far will run BF2 and decode movies like Sicron said. The only choice you have to make is whether or not you want to spend an extra 60 bucks.

Best answers
guys again.. these are some good prices for some awesome video cards... but i only have and agp and a regular pci slot...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know about the x850, but the 8600GTS is designed for PCIe. Not sure if there is an AGP version around. (Edit: I can't find an AGP one...) I do know for a fact that ATI's new DX10 cards are available in an AGP version. However, I do not know if these have the same kind of HD decoding video processor that the newest Nvidia cards have (8400, 8500, 8600, 8700 series have the new video processor, the 8800 series does not)

Edit:

Get the 8600GTS, it's more powerful for 30 to 60 dollars more. Depending on which card you get.

8600GT Specs said:
<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="card-info-column1">Manufacturer:</td><td class="card-info-column2">nVidia</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Series:</td><td class="card-info-column2">GeForce 8</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">GPU:</td><td class="card-info-column2">G84</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Release Date:</td><td class="card-info-column2">2007-04-17</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Interface:</td><td class="card-info-column2">PCI-E x16</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Core Clock:</td><td class="card-info-column2">540 MHz</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Shader Clock:</td><td class="card-info-column2">1180 MHz</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Memory Clock:</td><td class="card-info-column2">700 MHz (1400 DDR)</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Memory Bandwidth:</td><td class="card-info-column2">22.4 GB/sec</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Shader Operations:</td><td class="card-info-column2">37760 Operations/sec</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Pixel Fill Rate:</td><td class="card-info-column2">4320 MPixels/sec</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Texture Fill Rate:</td><td class="card-info-column2">8640 MTexels/sec</td></tr></tbody></table>
8600GTS Specs (30 dollars more than the top one) said:
<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="card-info-column1">Manufacturer:</td><td class="card-info-column2">nVidia</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Series:</td><td class="card-info-column2">GeForce 8</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">GPU:</td><td class="card-info-column2">G84</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Release Date:</td><td class="card-info-column2">2007-04-17</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Interface:</td><td class="card-info-column2">PCI-E x16</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Core Clock:</td><td class="card-info-column2">675 MHz</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Shader Clock:</td><td class="card-info-column2">1450 MHz</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Memory Clock:</td><td class="card-info-column2">1000 MHz (2000 DDR)</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Memory Bandwidth:</td><td class="card-info-column2">32 GB/sec</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Shader Operations:</td><td class="card-info-column2">46400 Operations/sec</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Pixel Fill Rate:</td><td class="card-info-column2">5400 MPixels/sec</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Texture Fill Rate:</td><td class="card-info-column2">10800 MTexels/sec</td></tr></tbody></table>
8600GTS Overclocked by MSI (60 dollars more than 8600GT) said:
<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="card-info-column1">Manufacturer:</td><td class="card-info-column2">nVidia</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Series:</td><td class="card-info-column2">GeForce 8</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">GPU:</td><td class="card-info-column2">G84</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Release Date:</td><td class="card-info-column2">2007-04-17</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Interface:</td><td class="card-info-column2">PCI-E x16</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Core Clock:</td><td class="card-info-column2">700 MHz</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Shader Clock:</td><td class="card-info-column2">1475 MHz</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Memory Clock:</td><td class="card-info-column2">1050 MHz (2100 DDR)</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Memory Bandwidth:</td><td class="card-info-column2">33.6 GB/sec</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Shader Operations:</td><td class="card-info-column2">47200 Operations/sec</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Pixel Fill Rate:</td><td class="card-info-column2">5600 MPixels/sec</td></tr> <tr><td class="card-info-column1">Texture Fill Rate:</td><td class="card-info-column2">11200 MTexels/sec</td></tr></tbody></table>
You could however also overclock yourself, but I think the MSI ones have a better cooler than the stock ones.

Best answers
so pcie work in agop slots??

how doe this

9SAPPHIRE 100106-RD Radeon X850XT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - OEM

fit into
no they dont... i assumed the 8600GS was AGP (guess i was wrong). And that card wont work in your motherboard. Its PCIe.

Here i'll make it easy. If you just want the videocard and not have to upgrade to PCIe. Then choose either...

GeForce 7600GS
or
Radeon X800GTO

Now, can you give us full system specs? It'd be bad if you choose a card only to find out that it would be bottleknecked by your processor or something different.

Best answers
no they dont... i assumed the 8600GS was AGP (guess i was wrong). And that card wont work in your motherboard. Its PCIe.

Here i'll make it easy. If you just want the videocard and not have to upgrade to PCIe. Then choose either...

GeForce 7600GS
or
Radeon X800GTO

Now, can you give us full system specs? It'd be bad if you choose a card only to find out that it would be bottleknecked by your processor or something different.

Walmart Security.. I want to thank you.. somehow... u've always helped me out on forums on the esf forums ..forum.. even like a few years back you helped me.. out.. ( no homo bro) mucho thanx... evry1 on esf forums is a good help/// so
....GeForce 7600GS and can run bf2...and in order to upgrade to pcie i would need another motherboard right... considering mine doesn't have a slot

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can also find an 7800GS for AGP, for about 130-150 dollars. But seriously, my advice would be to save some money and upgrade your entire PC. Motherboard, GFX card, possibly processor (don't know what you are running now). You'll gain a lot by upgrading your motherboard to get an PCIe graphics card. They are a lot more powerful, although they do cost a bit more. Battlefield 2 won't run away anytime soon, nor will FEAR. So it is worth the investment to get a new motherboard + 8600GTS for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom