• Not gonna see it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cheesy and I wasted my money.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is going to sound weird, but I need someone who knows Latin to translate a phrase from english to latin. That online free crap doesn't do Justice so hopefully someone out here can. And if anyone might know of some place in England or a book or something that could help me, then please do.

Edit: Damnit, will a mod please change the title to foreign not forgien? Thanks.

I also spelled tongue correctly, for ya. ~Synth

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm thinking " Here we are. Born to be Kings. We are the Princes of the Universe."

I'm trying to come up with a good phrase to put underneath my Coat of Arms tattoo. The Smith motto is "Benigno Numine" which translates to "By Divine Providence". It's cool in all and I am keeping it, but I want to add something that I might be able to pass down to my kids or something like that. I don't know, I'm crazy.

And I can tell you this much, trying to brain strom with cotton panties and a silk dress on doesn't help much.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dude, it's all about naked though processes... whenever i model, or skin, or play guitar. i try to wear as little clothing as possible. it seems to work!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm thinking " Here we are. Born to be Kings. We are the Princes of the Universe."

I'm trying to come up with a good phrase to put underneath my Coat of Arms tattoo. The Smith motto is "Benigno Numine" which translates to "By Divine Providence". It's cool in all and I am keeping it, but I want to add something that I might be able to pass down to my kids or something like that. I don't know, I'm crazy.

And I can tell you this much, trying to brain strom with cotton panties and a silk dress on doesn't help much.
Maybe if you stopped touching yourself, it'd be easier. :p

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to know some Latin but I gave it up for my German GCSE so I didn't get the two entangled (the little Polish I know sometimes creeps up in German, so what would Latin do?)

I'll stop talking and give you this

Hic nos es. Prognatus ut exsisto Rex rgis. Nos es Procer of universum.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try to learn a polynesian language.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had the choice to take latin in my school, didn't do it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Highlander is win, go with that one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or u can get a Chinese tatoo.. cause u know... that hasn't been done before or anything....

Best answers
"carpe deum" :p
That'd be "seize the god!" You're looking for diem.
the 2nd son said:
Hic nos es. Prognatus ut exsisto Rex rgis. Nos es Procer of universum.
If you put that on your skin, you're going to look like a fool. Why? Here's the first sentence of that translated: "Here we you are."
Kidboy17 said:
" Here we are. Born to be Kings. We are the Princes of the Universe."
I'm much better at Latin-English than English-Latin, as that's all we focused on in my high level class. But here goes nothing: "hic sumus. nascomur ut esse imperatores. sumus nos princepes universi."

I'm a little iffy with the "hic". It generally means "this", but can mean here. I'm also a little ehhh about the ut clause of purpose.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seize the God might be what you're looking for.

Wait.. what about In nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unless you get a bonafide translation from people (at least 3) who actually know the language well i'd recommend staying away from it. Latin's cool'n'all but you won't know if you're using a mistranslation until it's too late.

The best advice I can give is to get some Latin-English dictionaries (that is, more than one source) from a library and try and put it together yourself. If a word is inconsistent, look for further information on it until you get it. Then make sure you've got the words ordered correctly. It's a tattoo, not a Force Pit photo, the image doesn't go away after enough alcohol.

Just kidding man, u r teh seckz0r ;o

Best answers
Unless you get a bonafide translation from people (at least 3) who actually know the language well i'd recommend staying away from it. Latin's cool'n'all but you won't know if you're using a mistranslation until it's too late.
Speaking of which, I just realized I had a case ending error in my translation. Fixored.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry, Smith|, I didn't mean to undermine your translation, just that he should exercise some caution when picking unfamiliar words to be permanantly etched onto his skin =]

The only Latin I remember from school is 'sub abore', which I believe means 'under the tree'.

Best answers
I dont know latin, but i can give you the same sentence in Finnish. Its not nearly as cool though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't you have some teacher at a school maybe? Not to question anyone's knowledge of Latin here but I'd feel a lot safer if it came from someone with a degree in Latin.

It would be like the girl that wanted the Chinese character for butterfly and went home with the pancake character on her back. She was still smiling because she didn't know wtf it said anyway. I'm guessing the tattoo parlor had a good chuckle out of that.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
highlander is for the win. Seize the god might make its etch in somewhere on the tat. As for Smith|'s translation, would you all agree that it is correct? he said that he fixored it but I don't know.

This is what he put:
hic sumus. nascomur ut esse imperatores. sumus nos princepes universi.

And here is the website at which you can see the coat of arms on the left side. The phrase would be placed just underneath it, in a scroll just like the motto above.
http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.fc/Origin.EN/qx/Smith-family-crest.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom