i need a extinced map!!

Best answers
Are there any one who are familliar with the map, i think it was called space arena and it was from redsaiyan which i cant got it anymore, before i didnt have winwar and i couldn't unzip the map :cry: , does anyone have it??

(*edited by Karrde to it was readable*)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please do not post colors all over the place, it makes it difficult to read on this forum.

-Karrde-

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, you want it, not need it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Was it wu_spacearena?
I remember that map, I think I might just have it left on my old computer, I'll have to check.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I found the map on the old piece a' junk, but I don't seem to have the custom skybox that came along with it. It'll work fine, it'll just look a little funny with the default HL skybox.
Post your email address so I can send it to you, I don't want to host it because it isn't mine to do so with.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, I sent the .zip containing the map, it should be in your inbox now.
The map requires a skybox called spacearena. To make it use the esf_kami skybox, go into your esf/gfx/env folder (where all the skybox files are stored), make a copy of the skybox called stratosphere256 (the esf_kami skybox, it'll be 6 files all together) and rename them all to spacearena, while keeping the suffixes of rt, lt, up, and so on in the files (they determine which part of the sky "cube" the image is).
Hopefully that wasn't too confusing. ;) That should make the esf_kami skybox appear, you could do it with any skybox you found fitting.

Best answers
it gave an error for the background didnt change, i changed all stratosphere256 to spacearena, wat do i do

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Upon closer inspection, I noticed the skybox it needs is called wu_spacearena, not just spacerena. So change them to that instead and it should work, didn't notice that. ^_^
And make sure you're renaming copies of the stratosphere skybox, otherwise esf_kami won't run with that skybox because of the different name.

Best answers
o, you should have sed wu_spacearena earlier the but thx, i'll reply again if errors were found again!! :)

Best answers
it sed could not find gfx/env/wu_spacearenart

i cheked it and it was wu_spacearena_rt
what do i do??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure the sky you want is named wu_spacearenart

And make sure it is in gfx/env/wu_spacearenart

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the file doesn't have that exact name, it will not run. If the file has an underscore between the name and the side identifier, as far as ESF knows, it could be an entirely different skybox.
You must have a set of 6 files, the skybox, with these names:
  • wu_spacearenabk
  • wu_spacearenadn
  • wu_spacearenaft
  • wu_spacearenalf
  • wu_spacearenart
  • wu_spacearenaup
When those 6 files are in the gfx/env directory, the map will be able to use them, and they will appear ingame.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or, you could rename other .TGA to match the names.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's what we're doing, making copies of the stratosphere256 skybox and making wu_spacearena run with that. It's not the sky it was intended to run on, but it looks a heckuva lot better than the default HL sky.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I always thought it had its own sky, like a stars sky (and not the one that comes with esf). But maybe I am wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom