I love this so

Best answers
okay i love the idea of have custom models you can choice and still have the orgianals but is there going to be a custom sound file for you extra models so lets say i have Adult Gohan normal model and i Dl a Chibi Gohan can i have a sound pack for that Chibi Gohan and still have the normal voice for Adult gohan? or how about sprites too

Best answers
i dont think there is. And I doubt there will be otherwise it would take 20 minutes just to get started playing with choosing all the sound files and then sprites and then models on top of that. I really dont think many people would use it so it wouldnt be worth adding. Unless every one has time to choose settings like that every time they choose a different character or log onto a different server.

Best answers
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=68543
I'm not sure if we'll bother to remove all old character sounds though. If someone feels like setting sound generation up like this for the current openbeta, I'd be happy to get DT to merge it with his .qc and clean the current class specific sounds from the code.

Best answers
no what i meant was okay say i have a brolly for vegeta put the sound file in with the model so when that model is played the sound file will play so there will not no 20 mins to pick a sound file it will be added in with the model pack so your not brolly with vegetas voice and that way you can play vegeta with vegetas voice

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=68543
I'm not sure if we'll bother to remove all old character sounds though. If someone feels like setting sound generation up like this for the current openbeta, I'd be happy to get DT to merge it with his .qc and clean the current class specific sounds from the code.
Id like how you said you'd be happy to make me do this.. lol. However, this is a good idea, it gives people the possibility to add their own sound files to their models instead of hearing vegeta talk about his big bang when your playing as Sonic the Hedgehod "forum members custom model"
Ill have to make a doc on how to implement sound files so you guys can start customizing your characters more.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had that idea in mind, but then I thought that the original sounds will play together with the sounds you can add into the QC file.

Is that what you meant by cleaning the sounds from the code, Hars? =o

Best answers
Ya, but you can go ahead and move the current sounds to a different dir (so the code has nothing to play), link them in the .qc for our current models and do the same for your custom models with their custom sounds.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sweet!
I'm still wondering how to deal with the pain sounds =o

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank shiz for this, now f only we can get this idea running with sprites to...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya, but you can go ahead and move the current sounds to a different dir (so the code has nothing to play), link them in the .qc for our current models and do the same for your custom models with their custom sounds.

Man that sounds like lots of custom models will not have sounds or if i want a certain sound im going to be forced to decompile the model and change the QC file then recompile.

Best answers
Man that sounds like lots of custom models will not have sounds or if i want a certain sound im going to be forced to decompile the model and change the QC file then recompile.
Uhm.. yes? I'm not gonna make any effort to keep esf compatible with old custom models.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uhm.. yes? I'm not gonna make any effort to keep esf compatible with old custom models.
Dont worry about that. The animations screw up anyhow.

On a side note to this. Does that work with map models also?

Best answers
Dont worry about that. The animations screw up anyhow.

On a side note to this. Does that work with map models also?
Hm, dunno, it might, just try it I guess :) It might be fun to hear wood burning when you hit a tree.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How will the "pain" sounds work by the way? =o

Best answers
Well maybe you can use the "custom model" code as a reference. In other words, make another code where it can read folders and their content, just like with the custom model code, except you'd do it in sprites and sounds folder instead of models.

Here's what I had in mind:

a subfolder in sprites folder with the char's name, a subfolder in sounds folder with the same name and, of course, the subfolder in the character's model folder. To make things easier, all these folders should have the same name. Or at least I think it'd make things easier.

It'd be the same principles with sounds as it is with models, but sprites don't have character subfolders, which might make it tougher. So you're welcome to scratch that. :p

What ya think?

Best answers
How will the "pain" sounds work by the way? =o
Hm, I'm not sure yet, let me think about that one. I don't really feel like setting up a whole directory structure just for the pain sounds though. For now, maybe just remove them?

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shouldnt hurt, yeah.
I can attach them to the hit_blow animations, that should do it for now =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom