I just think it's great, that they won't be sacrificing gameplay for accuracy!! GJ!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
This in my eyes was basically a downfall of Budokai Tenkaichi 3, and somewhat for "Attack of the Saiyans" for the nintendo DS. Well I guess as an RPG it's a little different, but fighting games must be balanced and everyone secretly DOES love characters like Tien and Chaotzu, but they just don't want to get the **** beat out of them by kid gohan for example. Keep up the good work! I wish I could play the beta!!:smile: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF is not a fighting game. So comparing it to the budokai series is impossible. Its like comparing Half Life to Street Fighter.

Since Budokai is basically a 2D fighter where ESF is a 3D shooter at its core.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ESF is not a fighting game. So comparing it to the budokai series is impossible. Its like comparing Half Life to Street Fighter.

Since Budokai is basically a 2D fighter where ESF is a 3D shooter at its core.
DBZ Budokai 3 is not the same as DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3,BlueSaiyan is referring at DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DBZ Budokai 3 is not the same as DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3,BlueSaiyan is referring at DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3.
The game base is still a 2D fighter. The difference betwean 2D and 3D in this case is your view. Your view is totally centered. and all movements are based on that center view.Yes you can move in all directions, but you cant turn round and look the other way. Thats waht makes it a 2D fighter at its core. Weather its Budokai 3 or Budokai Tenkaichi 3. All those games are still very 2D fighter based with small illusions of 3D gameplay. The movement is and allways will be 2D based.

Allmost all fighter games are based on a 2D movement engine. Thats what makes them 2D based. ESF is based on a 3D movement engine which makes it 3D.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Budokai = Street Fighter Based Fighter
Tenkaichi = Armored Core Based Fighter.

Best answers
No Grega you are getting it wrong...

Budokai series was a 2d based thing. You couldnt turn around and it had a centered view and things that you said.... :)
But budokai tenkaichi has completele different engine then budokai.. You can move to any direction freely and you CAN turn around... Its just that you are locked to you opponent... But anyway its 3d based thing not 2d...

Here take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7oRZ5lVLDQ

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah Tenkaichi has movement in 3D space but not 3D movement. Its the same as the sidestep in Mortal Combat 4. Not sure if the original Budokai series had the sidestep. But thats still 2D movement in 3D space.

Armored core as stated abbove has a totally different movementfeel, but its still only 2D movement in 3D space.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah Tenkaichi has movement in 3D space but not 3D movement
eh... Quite a nice explanation :)
Didn't really make much sense to me.
Tho, I understand what you mean.
I'm not sure if it's right,tho

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah Tenkaichi has movement in 3D space but not 3D movement.
Best. Explanation. Ever. No 3D movement, but movement in a 3 dimensional space. You do know...that is pretty much exactly the same, right?

I think Grega means to say: Tenkaichi (and other Budokai games, though, to a lesser extent) has a sort of 'fixed' camera position. You will always fight your opponents head on. And you are always locked on to your opponents. The fact of the matter is, something most people tend to forget when posting suggestions, ESF is a highly paced third-person action/shooter-hybrid-ish-thingy. It should be compared to other third person shooters, rather than button-mashing fighter games.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Preety much.

The fixed camera view is what makes it 2D movement in 3D space. Rotation is not left to the player unlike in 3D movement systems.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
A fixed camera doesn't make this game 2D. Ugh Grega you're totally wrong here. WHO CARES if you can rotate the camera around how you want while fighting? It's designed that way to keep you focused in the fight, and engaged on your enemy. The two games CAN be compared and Tenkaichi series and the ESF series is by far one of the easiest comparisons to make between two games... Gosh, I don't understand why some people INSIST on arguing no matter how bad their point is! Just say "Oh, my bad, you weren't talking about Budokai you were talking about Tenkaichi" APOLOGY ACCEPTED... Gosh reading your philosophical view on "why this 3d game isn't 3d" just gave me an aneurism.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A fixed camera doesn't make this game 2D. Ugh Grega you're totally wrong here. WHO CARES if you can rotate the camera around how you want while fighting? It's designed that way to keep you focused in the fight, and engaged on your enemy. The two games CAN be compared and Tenkaichi series and the ESF series is by far one of the easiest comparisons to make between two games... Gosh, I don't understand why some people INSIST on arguing no matter how bad their point is! Just say "Oh, my bad, you weren't talking about Budokai you were talking about Tenkaichi" APOLOGY ACCEPTED... Gosh reading your philosophical view on "why this 3d game isn't 3d" just gave me an aneurism.

So you search the forum for 3 year old threads, read them and then post saying it didnt interest you?

Seriously dont revive dead threads, but if you want me to bring up my points about this topic to you we can do that over PM and not in a 3 year old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom