=/ I just bought WoW

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Save me. Well I spent 85 dollars on WoW and a 60 day game card (I got the game card because I don't have a credit card yet :x and I didn't want to ask my dad to pay the full 70 dollars for a year incase i didn't like the game, which i'm sure i will)

So I've played GW as my very first MMO ever. Then all my friends stopped playing that and switched back to WoW because it's "the best game on earth" hell, it's all stan played at the last lan party I had. Then again, i was happy, he was owning everyone at CS;S. So anywho- Any hints? Tips? This book is huge so i'm going to start reading that (yes i'm the type that actually reads manuals) I read the reviews and so far everyone who's ever played it has loved it. And I quote "it's a rare breed to dislike this game" is what i hear. So if you could please, post your opinions as to why you like/dislike the game. Also what server do you play on? And why? And stuff.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mmm, I play on Destromath, for several reasons:

- The best guild in WoW is on Destromath.
- All of my friends are on Destromath.
- It's a PvP server, which I love.
- I have 2 level 60s on that server. One Shaman, one Rogue.

The game overall is pretty fun. You'll have fun at lower levels, but once you hit lvl 60 and start doing all of the end-game stuff (Molten Core, Blackrock Spire, Onyxia, etc.) you'll really start having fun.

The world itself is intensely immersive, and it's great fun just to run around and explore the gigantic freaking world that Blizzard has spawned.

That's all I really have to say for now.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spunky said:
Mmm, I play on Destromath, for several reasons:

- The best guild in WoW is on Destromath.
- All of my friends are on Destromath.
- It's a PvP server, which I love.
- I have 2 level 60s on that server. One Shaman, one Rogue.

The game overall is pretty fun. You'll have fun at lower levels, but once you hit lvl 60 and start doing all of the end-game stuff (Molten Core, Blackrock Spire, Onyxia, etc.) you'll really start having fun.

The world itself is intensely immersive, and it's great fun just to run around and explore the gigantic freaking world that Blizzard has spawned.

:EDIT:

I just made this seem like a GW vs. WoW thread -.- that's not what it is at all. It's just GW is the only MMO i have to compare seeing as it's the only MMO i've ever played. So I'll as a lot of "In GW this happened, is it the same or different in WoW" kinda questions.
That's all I really have to say for now.
I was told that one thing everyone loves about WoW that sucks in GW that in WoW no matter where you are, there will be people. Not just in towns. So my question is: If I'm trying to do a mission or kill some baddies to gain a level or something, will they interfere? Or can they hurt me?

I just made this look like a GW vs. WoW thread. And it's not. It's just, GW is the only MMO i have to relate to seeing as it's the only MMO i've every played =/. So i'll be asking a lot of "In GW this happened is it the same or different in WoW?" kind of questions.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
I was told that one thing everyone loves about WoW that sucks in GW that in WoW no matter where you are, there will be people. Not just in towns. So my question is: If I'm trying to do a mission or kill some baddies to gain a level or something, will they interfere? Or can they hurt me?
If there is a certain person or group of people you need to kill for a quest, you can expect that someone else will, more likely than not, have that quest, too. Yes, there will be interference with your quests, but enemies tend to respawn rather rapidly, so it's not too big of a concern, in my opinion.

Other players cannot, generally, harm you while you're out doing quests. Players in the same faction as you (if you're a Troll, Orc, Tauren, or Undead, that's the Horde; if you're a Human, Dwarf, Gnome, or Night Elf, that's the Alliance) can't hurt you unless you've both decided you want to duel each other. Duels don't result in death, and I doubt people would try to duel you during a quest, heh.

However, members of the opposing faction can attack you under certain conditions. If you choose to attack a member of the other faction, or if you input the command "/pvp" (I believe...), you will be "flagged" for PvP combat, and players from the opposing faction are free to attack you. In normal servers (where I typically did most of my playing), that "flag" only lasts for a few minutes (note: if you flag yourself using /pvp, you need to input the command again in order to de-flag).

Even with that opportunity for PvP combat in place, though, I never found myself being attacked during quests because I never flagged myself during those quests. Even if I did, the Alliance folks around me were either too busy mining, or too busy attacking the local Horde town.

So, interference in quests is generally a matter of having to wait for your target to respawn, which is never really that long.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's one thing Majin_You didn't explain, and this goes for PvP servers. If you're in enemy territory, you can't attack the enemy unless they attack you. And if the enemy is in your territory, they can't hurt you unless you attack first.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spunky said:
There's one thing Majin_You didn't explain, and this goes for PvP servers. If you're in enemy territory, you can't attack the enemy unless they attack you. And if the enemy is in your territory, they can't hurt you unless you attack first.
ooo that's nifty. Thanks guys. Good stuff to know. I'm downloading the 1.10 patch right now =/ It sucks, but meh, it's worth the wait I guess. I get my HSI back on Wednesday :D

Now how does money work? Because my friend was telling me that animals (to ride on) cost like 500 gold, and in GW i can get 500 gold in like 5 minutes. So is there other currency than gold? How's that work?

Also what characters do you prefer? I'm not sure what I want to be yet. I was thinking a Paladin. Or maybe a warrior, or a hunter, or maybe the undead (sounds kinda cool)

Crap, i've been reading this manual, and now I want to be a rogue or a mage, or one of the above.... Damn it this is hard.

:EDIT2:
Now I want to be a druid, shape shifting must kick ass.

:EDIT3:
It says here that you "summon" pets. Now does this mean that your pet isn't with you at all times? Or can you make it with you at all times?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe there are silver and bronze coins too. Gold is the highest valued coin.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
I believe there are silver and bronze coins too. Gold is the highest valued coin.
100 copper = 1 silver, 100 silver = 1 gold.

Warlocks and Hunters summon their pets, but the mechanics of it are a little different for a Hunter, in that Warlock summons are more like spells.

Once your pet is summoned, it will remain with you at all times unless one of the following happens.
- You/it dies.
- You use your hearthstone.
- You zone in an instance.
- You fly.
- You out-run it (either on mount, or with aspect of the cheetah on [for hunters].)

I'm pretty sure that's it. Also, hunters have to feed their pet to keep it happy / loyal, if not, it will abandon you.

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
ooo that's nifty. Thanks guys. Good stuff to know. I'm downloading the 1.10 patch right now =/ It sucks, but meh, it's worth the wait I guess. I get my HSI back on Wednesday :D

Now how does money work? Because my friend was telling me that animals (to ride on) cost like 500 gold, and in GW i can get 500 gold in like 5 minutes. So is there other currency than gold? How's that work?

Also what characters do you prefer? I'm not sure what I want to be yet. I was thinking a Paladin. Or maybe a warrior, or a hunter, or maybe the undead (sounds kinda cool)

Crap, i've been reading this manual, and now I want to be a rogue or a mage, or one of the above.... Damn it this is hard.

:EDIT2:
Now I want to be a druid, shape shifting must kick ass.

:EDIT3:
It says here that you "summon" pets. Now does this mean that your pet isn't with you at all times? Or can you make it with you at all times?
The epic mount costs 900 gold, took me 2 weeks farming (9h a day) to get that amount of gold (and that was at a very fast pace)

Well, best thing you can do is read all that there is to read about each class (www.wow-europe.com).. Then trust your instincts and go with what you like.. You can't really ask other people what they lthink you'll like..

When you summon your pet, you just "call" for it, then it stays at your side untill it dies, or it got stuck somewhere and vanished into thin air because you were too far away..

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
The only reason I stopped playing WoW is because it was taking too much time to level up. The grind is very mild compared to most, so it is a great game, but I just didn't have the time.

It is a good game, and my main was a druid, and yes, they are a blast to play.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
I was thinking a Paladin. Or maybe a warrior, or a hunter, or maybe the undead (sounds kinda cool)
I have an Undead Rogue. So if you go with that, I can give you quite a bit of advice and answer any questions you might have. Playing a Rogue is difficult, since they're more of a solo class. And the down side to playing a Rogue is that nobody wants a Rogue in an end-game raid group.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't be a warrior. Over a dozen patches with nothing but nerfs...

Best answers
trust me when i say as a druid you'll not be using your froms that much (not at all in the lvl 60 Intances), you'll be relagated to healer, Warlocks and mages are awsome. warlocks = a free mount at lvl 40 same with Loladins (paladins) for everyone else the it's 100 gold for a mount ( if you are honorded by your race capital city then the price drops to 90g, if you pvp to sergent then the price drops to 80g) i am on Defias Brotherhood RP-PvP server as the alliance and Scarsheild leagion RP-PvP server as the horde

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nabeshin said:
trust me when i say as a druid you'll not be using your froms that much (not at all in the lvl 60 Intances), you'll be relagated to healer, Warlocks and mages are awsome. warlocks = a free mount at lvl 40 same with Loladins (paladins) for everyone else the it's 100 gold for a mount ( if you are honorded by your race capital city then the price drops to 90g, if you pvp to sergent then the price drops to 80g) i am on Defias Brotherhood RP-PvP server as the alliance and Scarsheild leagion RP-PvP server as the horde
I'm so confused right now. Why are paladins called loladins? Why would i be a healer if I were a druid?

So right now I'm going with I want to either be a rogue, druid, or a warlock. My friend keeps telling me to be a warlock. I hear they're unstopable or something like that.

How many characters can you have on one account?

Best answers
52 characters on 1 account..

Loladin -> They don't do damage, they look like retards, if they lose a battle they run of (because they can), they are *** and corrupt (read the warcraft lore for more info on this subject)

Warlock isn't really unstoppable.. They can do massive damage and have useful pets.. Only downside is that they die in 2-3 physical hits (melee or ranged damage)..

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
I'm so confused right now. Why are paladins called loladins? Why would i be a healer if I were a druid?

So right now I'm going with I want to either be a rogue, druid, or a warlock. My friend keeps telling me to be a warlock. I hear they're unstopable or something like that.

How many characters can you have on one account?
You can almost have as many as you want (there is a small cap, but I think it's high enough that you probably won't hit it - 52 according to Kimfu). The only condition, is that on PVP realms, you can only make characters from one faction, and if you want to switch, you have to delete all your characters from the opposing faction, but only on that realm. So you couldn't have a Night Elf Hunter, and an Undead Rogue on the same PvP realm. But on a PvE realm, you could have as many characters as you want from either faction.

Warlocks can be pretty tough to take down 1-on-1 , with their summons, dots and fear bomb kiting. With a felhunter out, you will ruin mages' lives. But I've heard they are also one of the tougher classes in the games to master.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
52, well I know I'll never hit that. But that's cool :)

Okay so that eliminates me down to a few characters. I know not to be a Paladin haha.

So right now I'm looking at being a mage, rogue, warlock, and druid. What do you guys think? I wouldn't mind a more "indepth" description of them (the manual doesn't do a whole heck of a lot) Is there any place I can go to get really good information on each type of character?
kimfu said:
(read the warcraft lore for more info on this subject)
What's the warcraft lore? Is it a website? Or is it in the manual?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wouldnt recomend playing a warrior to 60. they are cool i guess, but unless you have an awsome guild or a good computer, your not going to have much fun at 60.

warlocks are pretty fun though, so are priests and hunters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom