I INSTALLED BUT I CANT START ESF

Best answers
i have steam 1.6, i installed it to my directory C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\counter-strike\esf
...every time i click on the ESF icon to load it, steam opens up for like 2 seconds in my lower right window tab and then closes. So basically i cant start up my esf but i have it installed. plz help

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well, the problem is... you installed it into your counter-strike folder. You need to install it in your half-life folder ....

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no , esf is compatible with cs1.6 , i think he might nee to reinstall it (i can play esf on esai 1.6 fine , so in theroy it should work the same way on steam , and plus he does have retail cs , so yes he can play esf on 1.6steam) just try to reinstall esf and or cs or your steam client

make sure you got a full isntaller , not just an esf patch , the current esf version is 1.2.3

what you can do is get the full isntaller , or you could use an old installer and get the patches and install them in order 1.2.1 1.2.2 & then 1.2.3 (1.2.3 is just maps fixes , not a client dll change , so you could get away if you wanted just using 1.2.2)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nope, Gon is right. ESF was made for HL, but when it was on WON, it was compatible for CS, simply because CS standalone back then had the Half Life files as well. The Steam version of CS uses the Half Life files from the HL directory, so if you install esf to that cs folder, ESF will NOT work. Install ESF like you did before, but to your Half Life folder.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh? I was under the impression retail CS users could play HL mods all the same on Steam? When did this change?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom