I have a question for ESF

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Are you annoyed because people keeps saying you should release that game ASAP? or are you annoyed because people are driving you nuts thinking that the game will never be released.

On youtube and on moddb, everybody was asking about the release and when you say the release date hasn't been out yet, people start to complain and whine about it by use of profanity, saying that its dead, or saying it will take them up to 30 years.

Again, I am not trolling. I am serious - and I am not one of them either.

They're like angry mob of Zombies chasing after you for flesh and whenever they start chasing you, you start to lock yourself up in a place where no one can enter, and when you and your teams are working in a lab to test that antidote to cure them, they change back to where they were plus their attitude has been changed.

Or when martin luther king got shot and everybody starts vandalizing the place like crazy.

So here is my question, what is going on?

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We may get a little annoyed yes, but all in all we are focusing on the game and ignoring people who are asking for release dates (unless they actually make an effort to ask nicely in which case we tell them there is none set yet)

Capt'n Red Beard
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
We may get a little annoyed yes, but all in all we are focusing on the game and ignoring people who are asking for release dates (unless they actually make an effort to ask nicely in which case we tell them there is none set yet)
Thank u man i really wanted to know if the date were set or not (and now i need to wait for the official release date). But i think around 2014/2015. And i have 2 guestion's for you Grega, do u enjoy working on the Mod? And how many works on the mod? Might make some people understad why it takes so long to finish the mod ;)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Id say round 10 active people and a few others that pop in and out every couple of months.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
You said, if someone make effort and ask nicely, does that mean if someone does that you will give them a legit release date? On other hand, is there "A actual hidden release date"?

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You said, if someone make effort and ask nicely, does that mean if someone does that you will give them a legit release date? On other hand, is there "A actual hidden release date"?
This is my own standpoint. And i will nicely tell them that we have no set release date. Otherwise i will most likely just ignore that question as if it naver happened.

Though i said all that in the poste you quoted o_O

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There.
Is.
No.
Release.
Date.

ESF is a collaboration of adults who do this in their free time as a hobby. This is not some commercial project that is governed by publishers flogging rigid deadlines. People still have lives to live, and bills to pay too. As such, development ebbs and flows as people can commit time and substance - it is done when it is complete.

A timeline is moot - impossible - non sequitor - irrelevant. Get over it/wait/contribute as your peers have had to this last decade.

Capt'n Red Beard
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Id say round 10 active people and a few others that pop in and out every couple of months.
Well u forgot my first question. And still i'm gonna ask it, Do you enjoy working on the mod?
And i cant wait (well i can wait) for the official relese date, and for around 10 people u guys are doing an epic job on graphics, sounds, melee system, transformations, levels (Maps) and almost everything i have seen in the game trailers. exept for 1 thing it's taking u guys a long time to finish but i don't care because you guys are gonna make this game Epic :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well its like this. If we didnt see anything in this project, then we would have abandoned it long ago. Some people work on it to improove their skills, others do it because they like DBZ and others do it for other reasons. Though i do agree that there are some fun times during meetings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom