I have a proposition for a new Sub forum.

Best answers
well recently on the boards, there have been a lot of issues involving law and other aspects of government in the open forum. Now i know it is against the rules to talk about politics and religion...but i propose that you can have an extremely healthy conversation regarding politics and that, like the video game, anime and tech help sections...we should have a politic section.

Have it so that admins can allow access to them ((Like the forcepit)) so only those that are responsible enough can join. With a 0 tolerance for flaming.
Politics can honestly be a healthy discussion. It can help broaden people's ideas since we are all from different countries

That is my proposition. What do you all think?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm all for it, but then again, it's not me who would be doing the work for this add on.

Best answers
yea i know...i'd be more than happy to help out but then again...i don't think many people like me right now :( :\ :\

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea i know...i'd be more than happy to help out but then again...i don't think many people like me right now :( :\ :\
Who doesn't like you? And would you prefer they die with a shotgun? Or an ak?

Meh, I'm kinda neutral. If they do do that. I'd rather not be able to see it. I'd probably end up flaming someone.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How is that any different than what you do now man?

I kid, I kid.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How is that any different than what you do now man?

I kid, I kid.
****ing ******* jesus christ I hate you I hope you die. Yeah I do tend to go off the deep end every once in a while, more now than ever really, but that's kinda because no one's really doing anything about it. Kai forums ftw? lol.

But seriously, I probably couldn't work well with a political discussion, and would best be left out. Then again.....I'm thinking of leaving the forums due to just that. Lack of moderation. Anyone can say anything in any tone so long as it doesn't involve a direct insult and get away with it. Woo! I've been on both ends of that =/

Best answers
well if i was a mod i would rule you with an iron fist...while the other fist was giving me a sandwich

Best answers
A forum I'm on has 2 subforums named Science and Actuality, both require a permission of the moderators in order for the user to be able to post there. (bit like a usergroup sign-up)

Maybe that would be a good way to moderate a subforum about politics? Have users ask for permission to be able to post there, if they're allowed in and post some stuff that doesn't belong there, his posting (not viewing) access will be terminated.

PS: I think it would be neat to have a Movies/Music subforum as well, and keep off-topic for.. off-topic stuff :eek:

Best answers
This is a good idea actually... lol, i dunno if i'd be allowed in or not, becuase of that little "discussion" i got into with Bunker a few weeks back.... but nontheless, its a sweet idea.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We really need a music sub-section.. I mean, we have an animie one and music is a lot more popular than animie (i would think anyways)

edit: btw walmart, your quote of frsrblch was taken from a comedian, ron white i think.
edit 2: lol, i'm not 100 percent sure it's from ron white so you shouldnt quote me on that either XD

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We've had discussions behind closed doors before about having a more mature forum, where we let in people who have proven their maturity, with a zero tolerance policy for disobedience. Let's see if there is enough public interest in one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, instead of everything being in the Off-Topic forum.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm all for it..

But what about a Movies/Music forum? :x
I don't really think we need a Movies/Music forum. I'd like to leave some miscellany for the Off-Topic section since gaming, anime, manga, and anything remotely tech-related has been drained out.

As for a "deep discussion" section, Optimus is correct - this idea has been tossed back and forth for, easily, 2 or 3 years, now. The idea, in and of itself, has a large amount of appeal to, pretty much, the whole staff, as well as several members who enjoy posting about more serious subjects with an appropriate attitude. The issues we've run into about the subject aren't so much about the goal of the section as they are about a consistent form of moderation/admission. I don't, for one, like the notion of having torrents of PM's sent after me asking "Can I PLEEEEEEEEEASE post in the new section? I promise I won't behave like I have for the last ____ years!". At the same time, I don't believe it'd be fair to have the administration pick and choose people who can post in there. I, at one point, proposed some sort of assessment that'd give the staff some sort of idea about who should get in and who shouldn't, but the overall impression, there, was that it'd be annoying to set up and maintain.

So, while I have, for some time, enjoyed the idea of a section where the topic restrictions are more loose, I still cannot say that the staff, as a whole, has arrived at a method of maintaining that section that is intuitive, fair, and not overly time-consuming.

I am open to suggestions, by the way. Just drop by my office...

...and by office, I mean my PM box :(

Best answers
What about having everyone allowed and those who mess up...easily lose their access. You can always give that duty to another member..hint hint wink wink nudge nudge Howl

::Shrug:: an idea

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One idea I have is to allow access to members who are over a specific post count. Members who have high post counts have been on these forums long enough to know the rules and how things are ran here. This eliminates members who just signed up on these forums to go through the trial and error phase we all went through, just they would go through this in the new forum. The only problem is that most of the members here have high post counts.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only problem is that most of the members here have high post counts.
Some people here have only been here less then 2 years, with more then 1,000 posts.

Best answers
And I've been here since 2002-2003, and look at my postcount.

Most people that can have discussions in a mature way post in this off-topic section, and this section doesn't add to the postcount, thus ruling out the "high postcount = people who've been here for ages"..

And tbh, if a user would not behave on that forum and he gets his access removed, he shouldn't be let anymore, and let the users know that when they sign up for it. One chance is all you get, would you go for it, or just let it slip? (/eminem)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you do both. The member was here for x amount of time or has x amount of posts. Whatever is first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom