I hate the ****ing Dreamcast

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate how the Dreamcast Game discs are so sensitive, PS1 will play a game in any condition, Dreamcast on the other hand, if you commit 7 or 8 scratches the game will not play, which really pisses me off. I have a couple of games, that have worked before, and once they get about a few scratches they won't play.

I've bought 2 Dreamcast games off the net, and I've gotten them, and they don't work, with only about 3 major scratches the Dreamcast lens will give up and say " Sorry MF29, but the Sega company are douche bags, and we like to ruin your life by not wanting to play your Dreamcast discs", it's very irritating.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29 said:
I hate how the Dreamcast Game discs are so sensitive, PS1 will play a game in any condition, Dreamcast on the other hand, if you commit 7 or 8 scratches the game will not play, which really pisses me off. I have a couple of games, that have worked before, and once they get about a few scratches they won't play.

I've bought 2 Dreamcast games off the net, and I've gotten them, and they don't work, with only about 3 major scratches the Dreamcast lens will give up and say " Sorry MF29, but the Sega company are douche bags, and we like to ruin your life by not wanting to play your Dreamcast discs", it's very irritating.

I lol'd.........................

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29 said:

I'm sure you can buy another copy of those games for a cheap price.

Or you can try cleaning the disks: http://www.g4tv.com/screensavers/features/37127/How_to_Remove_CD_Scratches.html

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
It does beg the question as to what people actually do with their discs. It's not as if it's that hard to keep them in good condition. You just put them back in their boxes after use. Is that so hard?

Oh and instead of hating the DC and Sega, try hating the person you bought the games off. It's his/her fault that the discs are scratched.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just can't beleived that I got " ripped off ", on Ebay, for Dreamcast games that don't work.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29 said:
I just can't beleived that I got " ripped off ", on Ebay, for Dreamcast games that don't work.
File a dispute with eBay and/or Paypal if you used it. If the seller didn't state a return policy or misrepresented the item (said they work when they obviously don't) then you can get your money back.

If, on the other hand, he made no guarantees and stated that all sales are final, then you're SOL and should read auctions more closely.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly, what are you doing that the discs get scratched in the first place? Of course they aren't going to work with scratches. No where on any system do they have a notice that says it will run semi-scratched games. I really don't see what you have to complain about.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it's not Sega's fault you bought used games from someone who scratched the hell out of them.

Besides, there is a simple remedy. Stop buying used games and just download them. It's easier to pirate a Dreamcast game than it is to pirate a PC game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ripped off on eBay... what is the world coming to?

That you came here first is a sign you didn't do your homework before buying. If you had, you would have known exactly what the policies of the seller and eBay are, and you would have known what to do in this eventuality. But apparently you didn't. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Someone got ripped off on Ebay?

STOP THE PRESSES

yea, file a complaint, unless the ad said they weren't in great condition...in which case..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ohh the guy who sold it too me is an A Hole.

I left him bad feedback and he left me bad feedback saying, watch out for this one, he is a scammer, ok... I bought the item and the game did not work, your just giving me bad feedback because I gave you bad feedback you looser.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29 said:
Ohh the guy who sold it too me is an A Hole.

I left him bad feedback and he left me bad feedback saying, watch out for this one, he is a scammer, ok... I bought the item and the game did not work, your just giving me bad feedback because I gave you bad feedback you looser.
...And that's what happens when you give someone bad feedback without even contacting them.

You could've emailed the guy civilly, and I bet he would've given you the time of day to resolve the issue. You decided to be a hothead, so feedback--

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, I did email the guy.. twice, for him to even send me my order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom