I hate Google+

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I seriously hate Google+. It merges every google account into one entity, and randomly posts shit you do into your google+ page. I don't want any of that shit posted and seen by friends / family who I email or whatever. So I deleted my Google+ account, which in turn also disables your youtube account. You can't enable your youtube account without creating a google+ profile. I really hate this shit. I'm almost at the point where I'm going to stop using gmail, stop using youtube, and stop using google drive. I've deleted my google+ account like 3 times, but it keeps randomly getting remade, and now it no longer lets you reenable youtube without google+. Stupid shit.

Rant over.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Google+ is awful. I tried it when it first came out and was "meh" so I kinda left it alone.

Now because of it, anything google-related already has my info in it and ready to go, it's awful and I only have myself to blame for thinking social networking + google would be a good idea.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think there are a lot of people out there who love Google+(if any at all). I checked my G+ profile page and nothing is posted there maybe because i only use gmail and youtube from the whole package.
But it's true ....i don't need G+ and yet i still have it there no matter what. This is something for Google to address; turning off your G+ profile without permanently deleting it(since they don't tolerate that).

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Youtube keeps asking me to use my real name from Google+

I keep telling it no, I don't really want to spread my real name around the internet where I don't want it

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think there are a lot of people out there who love Google+(if any at all). I checked my G+ profile page and nothing is posted there maybe because i only use gmail and youtube from the whole package.
But it's true ....i don't need G+ and yet i still have it there no matter what. This is something for Google to address; turning off your G+ profile without permanently deleting it(since they don't tolerate that).
It's not something that they're going to address, because they've done it on purpose. They want everyone using one account, which automatically works for any Google product, and they want this account to contain your real name and cross-pollinate heavily from all their services to Google+. This is good for the user since hey, I don't have to create multiple accounts or remember multiple logins, but it's bad for the user because now you have content actively being posted to your Google+ page, even if you never visit the ******* site. It's an insidious way to compete with Facebook, which is a market that Google probably views as being vital to their future.

They're just being nice right now by asking you if you want a Google+ account. Eventually it's going to be forced upon you, and there's not going to be a way to delete it without disabling all of your accounts on Google services. They need to crash and burn with this.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude, I ******* know. I had cleared all my history and shit, because it was about time to get rid of my seedy website visit logs, and had to relog into youtube. I do that, and it logs me under a completely different username some how, because why the **** not. Now I can't get to my subs or favorites because apparently google deleted my other user account or some shit.

thanks for creating this thread. Thought I was the only one.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Dude, I ******* know. I had cleared all my history and shit, because it was about time to get rid of my seedy website visit logs.
Stay away from those, remember yo 1 drop of semen = 8 drops of blood.

Donate ya blood to an NHS trust like we have in England or the private sector like you have in America and make $$$ while doing it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, by that logic my jizz should be able to save gunshot victims. Gonna go donate it to the red cross.

You are all welcome.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're just being nice right now by asking you if you want a Google+ account. Eventually it's going to be forced upon you, and there's not going to be a way to delete it without disabling all of your accounts on Google services. They need to crash and burn with this.
Isn't this already the case? The moment you create a google account you automatically have a G+ page. They're not asking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom