I HATE FFA AND CTB!!

Discord Member
Best answers
How come there seem to be less and less servers and players using the teamplay. FFA and CTB sux and tis only in teamplay that u can get some deacent 1v1 duleling without getting spc'd in the back by some noob cell. Also the servers are sticking on one map for FAR to long. I join I room and I see a WHOLE bunch of noobs with stupid pl's spamming the crap out of the map, Now its easy to gain PL by beating them up but im of the opinion that one should only be able to trans if your good enough, not because you have been playing for an hour. I KNOw this is a bit of a rant but whos with me on this ?
1. Servers dont do enough teamply
2. Servers are making the map round time far to long
3. Only players who deserve it should be able to get the pL to trans

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well um. That's basicly how FFA is. Free for All pwnage :E
And CTB basicly broke in 1.2 or 1.2.+

I'm not on this. Just practice with bots. And no one goes against two people in Team Play much. They just bash whoever they want.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. Buy your own server
2. Buy your own server
3. So you'd like to create a stagnate community that gets approximately zero new players? So you don't want the ESF community to grow and you're satisfied with the players playing now? You were once nub too. Hardly anyone would stick with a game where the only way to get stronger is to beat the guy who's been handing you your ass for the last half hour. Think about it. Player A already has an advantage over player B. Does it logically follow that that advantage should grow simply because they're better? No. Nobody will stick around if only the best players are rewarded. And don't say "well I did!" because if that's the case, you're the exception, not the rule.

Bottom line: An imbalanced game will not get new players and the community will die. This is the reason for things like the losing team getting more money after a while than the winning team in CS. What you're suggesting is the same as suggesting that the losing team get $0 for losing, and that only the winning team be rewarded. Then it's AWPs vs glocks. You do the math on who's gonna keep winning.

-Karrde-

Best answers
yeh FFA sucks when theres to many ppl, if theres loads of ppl its not so bad when its teams

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Numenor said:
How come there seem to be less and less servers and players using the teamplay. FFA and CTB sux and tis only in teamplay that u can get some deacent 1v1 duleling without getting spc'd in the back by some noob cell. Also the servers are sticking on one map for FAR to long. I join I room and I see a WHOLE bunch of noobs with stupid pl's spamming the crap out of the map, Now its easy to gain PL by beating them up but im of the opinion that one should only be able to trans if your good enough, not because you have been playing for an hour. I KNOw this is a bit of a rant but whos with me on this ?
1. Servers dont do enough teamply
2. Servers are making the map round time far to long
3. Only players who deserve it should be able to get the pL to trans
What do you mean by deserve it o_O like, pass some kind of written test?

Best answers
I stand with numeor but the only problem is u cant trans if u dont play at least for 30 minute and changing map is really not a good idea for some one just reached trans lvl and the map have to change

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Mango said:
What do you mean by deserve it o_O like, pass some kind of written test?
I think he means fight to earn it, tbh if you can gather all the DB's without the other team getting at least one away then they've earned their wish, but for the love of god, if you play CTDB seriously you'll know wishing for 'Friendship' is the best thing you can do. Unless you play EVM, in which case you have enough problems as it is.

Discord Member
Best answers
ok, maybe I was a bit out of line with the whole, N00bs shouldnt get to trans, and I definalty want the community to grown and I want noobs to have a place in that community. But I think my first two points stand as valid though. Whats up with the esf world servers, it says teamplay in their server names, but it seams like thats true less and less these days.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
if you play CTDB seriously you'll know wishing for 'Friendship' is the best thing you can do.
I've always wondered about what that did...

And back on topic, I like both of thoughs modes. :cool:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you hit somebody with an attack, you do deserve the powerlevel.... >_>... Personally i find team servers ghey, there's hardly anyone to attack and noobs always advance melee your oponent when you're trying to kill them, i'd rather go on ffa and know i can continuously go from person to person and kill kill kill

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I find a more common problem on team servers to be that, teams usualy end up stacked due to people not wanting to play against the one leet in the server.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Numenor said:
ok, maybe I was a bit out of line with the whole, N00bs shouldnt get to trans, and I definalty want the community to grown and I want noobs to have a place in that community. But I think my first two points stand as valid though. Whats up with the esf world servers, it says teamplay in their server names, but it seams like thats true less and less these days.
now why wouldnt you want to trans :p

want to trans quicker? get a character that requires a lower trans level.

you complain about servers doing one map for a long time? i complain when they switch them because i transed.

you can always... host your own server

you could get descent at the game and learn to gain PL at a descent rate.

it will take you like a minute to transform with trunks.

Get better at the game allowing you to trans quicker. Go to a differant server if you dont like FFA.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Team play limits the limit of players you can attack an have to worry about balacning the teams. And you can DEFIANTLY not expect to always have uninterrupted one on ones in any public server.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
Good for you, you hate it!
Saiyan_Overlord, that's considered spam by the AUP, and as such, please don't do it again. If you're going to post, make it a decent attempt at communication.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mattman said:
I've always wondered about what that did...
It gets you an extra wish point. It seems the only reason people play CTDB is for PL, but that won't get you very far if you're playing to win. If it's first to 10 Wish Points, then that's 10 wishes on Immortality/Strength or 5 on Friendship, and considering how hard it is to gather all 7 balls while the other team is trying to do the same, I go for Friendship every time :]

Best answers
Don't expect other players to just watch your 1-1 with some melle-less noob, if double teaming werent possible people would just keep beating on the same people over and over to get more pl(hence pl whore).

Best answers
yeh ppl neva seem to have any desire to have even teams in this game

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the teams arent even, switch to the team with the least amount of people. Usually, its enough to even the odds.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
If the teams arent even, switch to the team with the least amount of people. Usually, its enough to even the odds.
Couldnt of said it any better

Plus, FFA gives you more skills, because instead of only versing 3 people with 3 people aiding you, you have to be more careful and watch 6 different people, and after practice you get better and pwn the game up

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom