I HATE FFA AND CTB!!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Numenor said:
ok, maybe I was a bit out of line with the whole, N00bs shouldnt get to trans, and I definalty want the community to grown and I want noobs to have a place in that community. But I think my first two points stand as valid though. Whats up with the esf world servers, it says teamplay in their server names, but it seams like thats true less and less these days.
Ill pretend you didnt write that.

Firstly read the names right. It says sponsored by teamplay.de wich is the place where the servers are hosted not what the servers are.

Secondly ESF-world has 2 servers and 1 of those is FFA and the other is team deathmatch.

And yea FFA is better than teamplay its just a problem when it comes to 12 people XD

Best answers
Zeonix said:
If the teams arent even, switch to the team with the least amount of people. Usually, its enough to even the odds.
i wish to live in ur perfect world

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
well i think that free fighting is more exiting..than team play couse there you can see who is the best!:)but teamplay is good to couse you and your team can do "team work"by killing others thats fun...i

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Malarky said:
i wish to live in ur perfect world
Zeonix is pretty good. So if he switches to a team that has less people, another person will follow him so he doesn't get owned by him. Which makes the teams even. But I wouldn't consider it "even"

Best answers
Pain said:
I find a more common problem on team servers to be that, teams usualy end up stacked due to people not wanting to play against the one leet in the server.
that is quoted for truth since i think that happens to me in almost every server....that includes pain constantly joining MY TEAM

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sarutobi Sensei said:
....that includes pain constantly joining MY TEAM
I have but one thing to say to that...

Good day sir!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You're going to get spammer's no matter if it's free for all or team. I hate the people that go krillin, spam scatter shot in the corner, You go to kill them but they beam jump to another corner and spam again. So if it's teams or ffa, that's still going to happen.
I agree with the masses all the n00bs will join the better side so they don't get pwned.
Still the best way to fix this problem is to create you're own server, or get better to overcome the spamming.

1 on 1 dueling will still get interupted even in teams. I know one guy you think's he's leet because the only way he can kill people is when two people are dueling and he goes and kills the people from behind.

You will see these sort of player's were ever you go. Get over it.

nge

Best answers
Funny story. Good players still end up going 1xx-x in most pubs FFA, and that's without transing and without any beam other than generic for the most part.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
im hosting muilty player games if any one want to buy low ping ESF server please email me at *Link removed due to advertising* its bewteen 30-40 bucks amonth and the lowest ping is 25 over 24 ppl sevrer

Best answers
Lol, pain.

But I agree with the OP I really hate FFA, I think team-based games are the **** and thats where the future of video games is leaning towards. Rambo solo isn't **** anymore, and not fun. When you got 100 monsters attacking just you and you kill them all, well, good job. But you get 3 friends and 400 monsters attack you which equals 100 to each person, it just turns out to be a ****ing blast. Which this really has no relation to ESF in general but I'm just stating that I think teamplay is a big factor in a game nonetheless, especially in this dragon ball z mod. I would really like to see a balanced fight with goku vegeta and piccolo vs. cell frieza and buu or some crap. It's just funner IMO.

nge

Best answers
You seem like you'd be interested in a mod like Natural-Selection, which is my favorite for team-based playing. The clan-play in that game is absolutly top notch in terms of co-ordination and stratigy, but with enough skill and knowlage a good player can come out've nearly impossible situations.

ESF on the other hand, is more of a "fighting" genre of game. Fighting games let the individual's skill shine through more than any other type, as it's all based on knowage of the game and the ability to (pardon the term) "exploit" your charecter to the fullest of your own potential. You can take any charecter and with enough player ability you can make them killing machines, easily taking on a charecter with the same stats as the one you chose several hundred times in succession if there is a skill gap providing. True, skill gaps show through in any game as they should, but in the genre of a "fighting" game, it really shows the individual's playing ability.

In your example, killing 400 monsters with 3 friends is more enjoyable than killing 100 by yourself. This, is just an example based on beating up AI, however, and of course it's more enjoyable with human interaction. Many players, however, enjoy the challenge of fighting 400 monsters AND 3 other players who also have to be wary of the given monsters. Or, drop the AI altogheter, and pit them against what has the most potental to be more enjoyable than any amount of computer generated opponents, using various methods such as "free for all."

While I continue to further devulge into this rant, let me explain. AI cannot be played with in the same sense of a human player, as AI always follows a set of givens. They perform predetermined actions based on the actions of the player, whereas mind games come into play when one faces human opponents. It loses the "exploit the AI" feel and takes on more of a "Outsmart my opponent" feel.

I think the point that I may or may not have been trying to get accross is that some people enjoy the challenge provided from a constant threat and the thrill of knowing you're never really safe over teamwork/teamplay. You lose the feel of safety, sure, but you gain the knowlage that how well you do rests entirely upon your own shoulders without having to worry about taking care of others. Both styles of play are enjoyable, indeed, but to say one is better than the other would be rather judgemental. Each have their own perks.

Discord Member
Best answers
Well, im glad some1 aggrees with me, thank u draylock1!! and let me clear things up by saying its not the "im safe in a team" aspect that i like about teamplay, I just more often than not have better skilled fights with 1 person in a team game ( without getting beamed in the back from half way accroos the map by some spammer ). Saying that though, last night I was in a team game FULL to the BRIM with spammers and one particularly anoying guy who was beampjumping constanly to the corners of the map spamming with death ball, I had to go ssj veg and big bang him again and again just to show him how anoying it is!

Best answers
Pain said:
I have but one thing to say to that...

Good day sir!

and how many people did you need to do that to me? 8? hmmmmmm

I have to agree...team play does NOT give you the "safe" feeling that some would think...it just means you have partners that you can interact with to help kill others. I also know that a lot of people during team play hate double teaming.....when in fact team play is more about double teaming than anything. Team play allows multiple players to work as a team to reach the single, simplified goal of killing the opponents...it isn't a hard concept but it seems "pride" takes over in team games when you start getting "hey that was my kill" rather than "hey thanks for the help"

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sarutobi Sensei said:
and how many people did you need to do that to me? 8? hmmmmmm

I have to agree...team play does NOT give you the "safe" feeling that some would think...it just means you have partners that you can interact with to help kill others. I also know that a lot of people during team play hate double teaming.....when in fact team play is more about double teaming than anything. Team play allows multiple players to work as a team to reach the single, simplified goal of killing the opponents...it isn't a hard concept but it seems "pride" takes over in team games when you start getting "hey that was my kill" rather than "hey thanks for the help"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH buuurn. I actually thought he used photo shop.

For FFA's: 1. There is always 1 good person. Chances are more than likely there are 2 good people.

Just have 1 person on good and 1 on bad then the noobs will just go from there. That or leave. Make your own server clicking on "create server" works wonders.

EDIT

To SS, i just read the entire post and here is my reply from me to you. You are not allowed to double team. It's against the law.

Best answers
then in a clan match of 2v2 ....the 2 each go seperate ways and not help out the other?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
everyone just likes to find the smallest excuses that they are losing, whether it be from lag, to double teaming.

I hate you all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom