I hate EA

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
since when did this become a political argument?

it ends now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys are starting to dance toward political stuff and unfortunately that sort of discussion isn't allowed for various reasons. EDIT: Looks like Axman beat me to it.

Suffice to say nobody wants commercials in the middle of our games, no matter how well disguised they might be.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can just imagine, in the middle of an epic battle, you have a sniper scope on someones head, ready for a headshot.... perfect moment... and then

"DU U WANT 2 INCRES UR PENIS SIZE?? LOL!"

Yeah, this sucks.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL how did the talk about EA including spyware in battlefield jump to microsofts screwups >.<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it didnt, your reading it wrong.

EA are saying that if you have one of microsofts security updates, it will conflict with their spyware =o

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know but lateron you have people saying that Microsoft screwd up by making that update.

They basicly stated that microsoft screwd up by making a security update do what its suposed to.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the complaint in that article is solely aimed at EA, not Microsoft.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I think the complaint in that article is solely aimed at EA, not Microsoft.
Im talking about the replys. ^^

Stuff like this

Sorry to disappoint you, but actually it is Microsoft who should check that their patches break nothing! It might be that this patch was introduced after EA started their QA and testing phase, where you usually don't change the setup for testing. Would you be angry at me or at Microsoft if one of the applications I've developed would break your windows installation? Nevermind, don't answer that, I don't need your "wisdom"! Like you said, there is plenty of other stuff to bash EA for, but lets keep Microsofts screw-ups in Redmond.

Nobody would develop software because it would be a nightmare to release patch after patch to fix things the OS makers broke. SO, Yes, it is in fact MS's fault a) other programs broke because of this patch b) MS released another patch to fix the first one.
As for them not testing every third party application you're right though, but that doesn't make it any less of a Microsoft ****up.

But yea i know what you mean ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, well I didn't read the replies.

I think people are just mad they can't play the next Mediocrefield title...either way this is an easy fix, you just uninstall that patch, I don't get why they're so mad.

Hell the game didn't even start for me in the first place.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Regardless of the desire for security and general EA bashing (Which I admit they deserve it, but it gets OLD even under those circumstnaces. I'm honestly getting tired of 'EA THIS!' and 'EA THAT!") this isn't all that big of a deal. It only monitors what you're doing INGAME. It doesn't look at anything outside of it. I won't be getting it because It's nothing spectacular, and can't afford another game right now, but I'm not worried about THIS.

Also... Guess what. a NON-EA game did this awhile ago... the exact same thing. Remember SWAT 4? Didn't hear anyone *****ing about it then. Soon as dear old Electronic Arts does it... THATS when the complaining and bashing starts.

In short... wether or not they deserve it... and as blasphemis as it may be to say to your rabid... uh... reverse-fanboys.... I'm TIRED OF ALL THE DAMN *****ING ABOUT EA! Yes! They use highly immoral advertising and development tactics and churn out more and more useless drivel each year... but we don't need to keep hearing about it. We get it! It's not going to change until people stop buying EA products. Unfortunately...games like Madden 2006 SELL. People still buy it and they still make money. They have a working strategy.

I'm done. Good Bye.

Best answers
I think it's wrong. Just plain wrong. I hate EA now... Not even a round of The Godfather can cheer me up after this.

Just... Plain... Wrong... :cry:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arthos, no offense meant, but I think we should just be thankful that most of the majority of people in this discussion are in agreement; rather than a Valve, Id, or Blizzard argument which would have two sides and break into a flamefest.

That aside the user base is entitled to their opinion.

And the Swat 4 thing; that was also published by EA, wasn't it? (I really don't know, just guessing; maybe I'm thinking of Sierra and Swat 3)

Besides Swat 4 doesn't require you to uninstall a critical windows security update for the game to work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Regardless, I think if you hate EA so much, you should do something about it. Personally I just never buy their products... I'm just tired of seeing. Yes, you hate EA, we get it.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
And the problem is? RealPlayer does the same thing among many other programs. Besides, they don't collect what would be deemed private data, if they did then they would be going to court right now.

The software may incorporate technology developed by IGA Worldwide Inc. ("IGA") (the "Advertising Technology"). The purpose of the Advertising Technology is to deliver in-game advertisements to you when you use the Software while connected to the Internet. When you use the Software while connected to the Internet, the Advertising Technology may record your Internet Protocol Address and other anonymous information ("Advertising Data"). The Advertising Data is temporarily used by IGA to enable the presentation and measurement of in-game advertisements and other in-game objects which are uploaded temporarily to your person computer or game console and changed during online game play. The Advertising Technology does not collect any personally identifiable information about you, and EA will not provide IGA with any of your personally identifiable information. The servers used by the Advertising Technology may, from time to time, be located outside your country of residence. If you are located within the European Union, the servers may be located outside the European Union.

By installing and using the Software, you aree to: (i) the transfer of the Advertising Data to servers located outside your country of residence and, if applicable, outside the European Union; (ii) the collection and use of the Advertising Data is described in the Secion; and (iii) the delivery of advertising and marketing content by the Advertising Technology. IF YOU DO NOT WANT IGA TO COLLECT, USE, STORE OR TRANSMIT THE DATA DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION, DO NOT INSTALL OF PLAY THE SOFTWARE ON ANY PLATFORM THAT IS USED TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET.
More Information (Interview): http://www.gamespot.com/news/6160062.html

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, well...RealPlayer also SUCKS HARD because of all the effort it puts into that kind of crap.

I don't pay 50 bucks for a game to run sucky because they want to know which coffee billboard I shot at.

Then again it's EA and the game will run like crap anyway (if it runs at all).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said, this doesn't bother me, because I have a decent machine... it's that the game itself isn't spectacular that turns me off. It's another of a rather... run-of-the-mill franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom