I hate AOL, and you should too.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, so I have AOL (tomorrow Wednesday the 12th i'm getting HSI again) but for the time being and to fix this if it ever occurs again, I figured I'd ask here.

Every 5 or so minutes when I'm on AOL. It will just crash and be like "goodbye" and then try to do one of two things; reconnect me automatically or tell me "I have a problem". Well, the thing is, my Dad's laptop doesn't crash at all. I mean, how can my computer disconnect me so much and my Dad's run just fine? I don't get it. Any help would be nice :)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I had AOL, it would disconnect whenever someone called me house but I wouldnt hear the phone ring because I was online.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had AOL a few years back and I have to say, although it was pretty bad, it was not the worst... Net Zero had this free internet service in which you would be hounded by ads / pop ups to pay for the costs. It was ofcourse on a 56k and you would ofcourse get kicked off every 10 minutes for no apparent reason. Needless to say, they gave that program up - I don't think it was making any money.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I have all the phones disconnected so that doesn't work. It doesn't disconnect my dad every 5 minutes like it does my computer. It can get pretty annoying. Blah... BLAH

Best answers
If you can, try to disable call waiting... even though the phones are disconnected there are still calls going through to your house.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if I have call waiting, I don't answer the phone -.-

Anywho i got HSI and now I can't play WoW or GW- for somereason I can't connect :( it sucks, and I don't have a router.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)