I gots my car finally

Best answers

.... Well its not as cool looking as that, but its similar looking =P

My dad is buying me a 1999 Pontiac Sunfire... cuz i need a car to get to school, and he needs his back. It has only 19,000 miles on it, and were getting it for only $3,000.

Yea, i'm pretty stoked :D

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not too bad. I've got the 2001 model. I love it's small size yet seemingly large interior, pretty good handling, and get up and go.

Manual or Auto tranny?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try not to plow this one into a tree.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
grats, i'll stick with my 1984 eldorado though. i gets me around.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ooh, a Pontiac huh? Good cars those. I drive a white 1999 Pontiac Bonneville SSE. I hate the leather seats in the summer, but it's smooth to drive, good turn radius, has plenty of power and still looks pretty nice. My Dad drives a Grand Prix, pretty similar in appearance to your pic, though a much lighter grey color. I always loved the grill Grand Prixs have. Dunno why, it's just easy on the eyes.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I, for one, haven't driven a Pontiac that's been built later than '88, but I've heard generally good comments from my friends who have picked up Sunfires from the later 90's (though I, for one, will stick to my Smart for around the city, heh).

Hope you enjoy your vehicle. Drive safely ;)

Best answers
Thanks :D Yeah, I'll try not to crash it ;) I'm a pretty safe driver, so i shouldn't have that problem.

Ooh, a Pontiac huh? Good cars those. I drive a white 1999 Pontiac Bonneville SSE. I hate the leather seats in the summer, but it's smooth to drive, good turn radius, has plenty of power and still looks pretty nice. My Dad drives a Grand Prix, pretty similar in appearance to your pic, though a much lighter grey color. I always loved the grill Grand Prixs have. Dunno why, it's just easy on the eyes.
Yea, my dad gets A LOT of work from Chrysler, so he really supports the American auto companies. And yea i agree, the grills on the front of Pontiac's are very nice looking.

Best answers
I have a Jeep Liberty right now.. and i absolutely hate it. The gas mileage is piss poor, and it looks like a chick's car. =/
lawl at it!

Yeah gas millage piss poor on mine but hell it can peel out =P, mine does quiet well off road.. just go around the big ruts!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pontiacs are nice vehicles, but they are difficult to fix if they break down. Keep that in mind as you pile miles on it.

I love my 92 Eclipse, in open loop it makes 50 mpg highway. Beat that electric clown cars.

Best answers
Pontiacs are nice vehicles, but they are difficult to fix if they break down. Keep that in mind as you pile miles on it.

I love my 92 Eclipse, in open loop it makes 50 mpg highway. Beat that electric clown cars.
Yea, i'll have to keep that in mind, even though it wont really matter for another 6-8 years anyways, because its only got 20K miles on it right now and i dont drive much anyways, so i wont even reach 100K miles for a long time.

So what exactly makes Pontiacs hard to fix?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty sweet. I wish I could afford a car (or have my parents be able to afford a car for me but going to a 40k dollar school that ain't happening).

I can't wait to get my f-350 super duty when I'm older though.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, i'll have to keep that in mind, even though it wont really matter for another 6-8 years anyways, because its only got 20K miles on it right now and i dont drive much anyways, so i wont even reach 100K miles for a long time.

So what exactly makes Pontiacs hard to fix?
No one thing in particular. GM as a whole (that includes Oldsmobile, Chevrolet, GMC, Pontiac, Buick, Caddilac etc) makes sure that only qualified GM goodwrench technicians have the oddball tools required to properly fix things. For instance, a water pump, which is a 2 hour job maximum on any other car, took 30 hours to do on my wife's Pontiac Grand Am, and the timing could never be reset properly after that. The 2.4 liter inline four on that car is actually a Oldsmobile Quad 4 engine with a larger head. I've heard similar problems with other Pontiacs, including the 6 cyl. Just an example, but you get the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom