I got my first job interview tomarrow!

Best answers
Got an interview for an entry-level position at Wendy's tomarrow....my first job! Damn I am so nervious! Any tips guys?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's wendys, just go in there and show that you're a normal reasonable person and you'll be a shoein.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wear a suit. You will get the job if you do.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's wendys, just go in there and show that you're a normal reasonable person and you'll be a shoein.
I think they would probably settle for 'person'.

This job will be a life lesson for you. Crappy jobs that barely pay minimum wage are for suckers. There are jobs everywhere, you just need to look around a bit to find something with better pay, more flexible hours, and perhaps be even the slightest bit interesting.

My advice: don't be nervous. There's really no need. If you get the job you will soon learn the value of shopping around a bit while job hunting, and if you don't you're still better off because you're not working at a Wendy's. It's win-win.

If there are any convention centres in your area, they will need lots of new workers for the busy grad season, but it may be too late to catch that wave now. Stay away from anything to do with telephones, unless it's something where people call you. Trust me, they don't appreciate it when you call them. This is all speaking from experience, I've had my fair share of good and bad jobs, but if you choose to work at a fast food joint you will be wanting to throw hot oil at customers by the time the summer ends.

BTW... how old are you? It has a bearing on the kinds of jobs you can get.

Best answers
frsrblch said:
I think they would probably settle for 'person'.

This job will be a life lesson for you. Crappy jobs that barely pay minimum wage are for suckers. There are jobs everywhere, you just need to look around a bit to find something with better pay, more flexible hours, and perhaps be even the slightest bit interesting.

My advice: don't be nervous. There's really no need. If you get the job you will soon learn the value of shopping around a bit while job hunting, and if you don't you're still better off because you're not working at a Wendy's. It's win-win.

If there are any convention centres in your area, they will need lots of new workers for the busy grad season, but it may be too late to catch that wave now. Stay away from anything to do with telephones, unless it's something where people call you. Trust me, they don't appreciate it when you call them. This is all speaking from experience, I've had my fair share of good and bad jobs, but if you choose to work at a fast food joint you will be wanting to throw hot oil at customers by the time the summer ends.

BTW... how old are you? It has a bearing on the kinds of jobs you can get.
Thanks for the advice, and oh I'm 17...

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If Wendy's is anything like McDonalds when it comes to hiring, they hire everyone.

You've already got the job.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since we're all certain you've got the job, I'll give some after job advice. There are a lot of pricks out there who look down on people who work in the service industry, and will treat you thusly. Serve them with a smile, and ignore their asshattery.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Don't McDonalds treat their employees like crap? They do here anyway. So just hope that Wendy's isn't like McD in that respect.

@frsrblch: End of the summer? You think it'll even take that long?

@Deman: The way I see it, they have jobs, I don't. So them > me. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, congrats I guess. Although if it's anything like it is around here, then they probably hired way too many people, so be prepared to work like 1 or 2 shifts a week.

Anyways, as long as you don't have down syndrome, you're gonna get the job.

Best answers
Just be yourself, respectful, and curtious. You should get the job. Even if you don't like it, at least you will have a job. Lesson for life. Never quit a job before you find another one, because when you have bills, if you quit your job without having another one you might not get one right away so you'll lose money and recieve bad credit at the same time. Bad credit can keep you from purchasing a car or a home. Things you will need when you get older. It doesn't matter how rude people are to you. If you react the wrong way your only slowing your life down, and hurting yourself. Nobody has to be nice and nobody has to care about you. So in your life you should come first before anyone/anything else. Remember that, I learned the hard way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At 17 you should be able to get a pwnage job. I was thinking 14 or 15 for the Wendy's deal. Heck, I'm 18 and I work in a brewery. It doesn't get any awesomer than that. Just go out looking, even while you're working at Wendy's, and you might find something that you'll like.

Anyways, as long as you don't have down syndrome, you're gonna get the job.
No, that wouldn't be an obstacle.

Best answers
Barney's_Soul said:
Got an interview for an entry-level position at Wendy's tomarrow....my first job! Damn I am so nervious! Any tips guys?
damn....this there has free food?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uncover bunker said:
damn....this there has free food?
Let this be a lesson, kiddies: bad grammar makes people think you are slow of mind.

Best answers
Fast food will hire anyone so long as they need the help, however act like a idiot and you are out the door, cooperate jobs are picky, construction worker is out of your league, receptionist, or telemarketer is prolly out of your league.

Fast food is prolly your only option, however if you have fun with the job, it will be fun, but do it just for the money and the hours will draaaaaag by.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mogwai said:
Fast food will hire anyone so long as they need the help, however act like a idiot and you are out the door, cooperate jobs are picky, construction worker is out of your league, receptionist, or telemarketer is prolly out of your league.

Fast food is prolly your only option, however if you have fun with the job, it will be fun, but do it just for the money and the hours will draaaaaag by.
My 15 year old cousin had a construction job, and telemarketing isn't out of anybodies league. There are also lots of service jobs outside of the regular fast food joint that can pay well and be enjoyable. Don't be so quick to limit yourself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you would think by now when he says, "tommorrow", on the day that he posted the next day was when it was gonna happen, im sure tommorow has already passed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom