i got accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best answers
ok so i wanted to get into trinity catholic. its a high school that i live near, it has a very academic society. They even do charity runs such as; Run for Cancer, jimmy fund, ect. so today after school when my mom came to pick me up she said that the acceptance/denial letter came. she handed me the letter...... i looked at the envelope. it was taped shut so i knew my mom didnt look at it yet. when she handed me the letter i felt like i could not breathe. i was VERY sweaty and my hand was shaking. after i open the envelope..I foudn out that i got ACCEPTED!!!! YEA im so happy!!!:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well congratz man... I hope you do well. :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Congratulations. Make the best of it.

Best answers
Yuck.. Catholic School... the main reason I'm not Catholic. But whatever tickles your fancy. Good luck and congratulations.

Best answers
Gratz for getting accepted! Good luck on your studies...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Congratulations on...

...getting into high school. You must be so proud.

On a seperate note, happy Steve Drake Day.

Best answers
Congratulations on...

...getting into high school. You must be so proud.

On a seperate note, happy Steve Drake Day.
I'm assuming it's a private school. Not a public one. They aren't so easy to get into.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm technically supposed to be a Catholic, but yeah...Good luck. Now study your ass off and get into a good college and you'll be set. Anyone can get straight A's if they work hard enough at it. And flashcards are your friend.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Catholic High Schools can be hard to get into. I don't exactly think you should be happy about going to a catholic school, but whatever floats your boat i guess.

Anyway, where on Long Island do you live man?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see why he shouldn't be happy, either. I attended a Catholic high school, mostly for the fact that its standards were, by and large, higher than any other school available to me. It was a very beneficial school to attend, academically speaking. Besides; it isn't as though they shove their beliefs and tenets down the throats of their students. I lost count of the number of Buddhist, Muslim, and Jewish cohorts I had during my time in high school (not to mention atheists and agnostics, as well).

...unless, of course, Catholic schools are different in the US o_O

Congratulations. I hope you make the best of your high school experience.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Congratulations! Now get down on those knees and make your fathers proud.

Best answers
Hahha, congrats :), There isnt much of a difference between a Catholic school and other-. At the moment, Im attending a Catholic School, and the only difference is that we have a subject called "Religion" o_O.

They're just strict with the religion crap, thats all.

Study hard dude, you got a long way to go x)

Take it easy the first 2 years, then gradually start to pshhhhhh x).

-GuZzie

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hahha, congrats :), There isnt much of a difference between a Catholic school and other-. At the moment, Im attending a Catholic School, and the only difference is that we have a subject called "Religion" o_O.

They're just strict with the religion crap, thats all.

Study hard dude, you got a long way to go x)

Take it easy the first 2 years, then gradually start to pshhhhhh x).

-GuZzie
It depends on where you go actually. I'm pretty sure Trinity makes you wear unifroms for example..

Anyway Gman, where on long island do you live? I'm in farmingdale

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This could end up badly for you in the long run. You'll probably get used to be told what to do all the damn time, and once college rolls around and you're given Ultimate Freedom, you'll probably just want to hang out with your friends and end up skipping classes all the time.

I've been in public schools all of my life, and I still feel the urge to cut class and go party. I don't, but the urge is there.

Best answers
" Sub: Anyway Gman, where on long island do you live? I'm in farmingdale"
o_0...uhm i live in Waltham,Massachusets

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
I've been in public schools all of my life, and I still feel the urge to cut class and go party. I don't, but the urge is there.
I cut and go party when there's one to be had during the day. Yesterday, for example, was Steve Drake Day for us engineers. It's a day to celebrate Steve Drake, an undergrad that took 3 classes per semester for eight years to get his degree. He finished with straight nines, but he's the reason they imposed a 7 year limit. We celebrate by wearing Hawaiian shirts and having each of the engineering clubs make a mini golf course and a drink. It's a good thing I didn't find out about all this until after most of my classes, or yesterday would have been a complete write off.

Anyway, the point is that cutting class isn't so lethal, it just doesn't help any.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well congrats or something but isn't a private school just a school you pay for? Here, Private Schools are schools for dropouts, delinquents etc. whose parents are rich and pay LOADS of cash for their scholarship. Of course, the schools are neat, have elevators and stuff, but the point is that bad people go to private schools. At least here, from what I hear it's different where you are.

This could end up badly for you in the long run. You'll probably get used to be told what to do all the damn time, and once college rolls around and you're given Ultimate Freedom, you'll probably just want to hang out with your friends and end up skipping classes all the time.

Well, last year I cut class ALL THE TIME. Hell I was close to expulsion when everyone found out. I had like, 30 unexcused classes. What is that you ask? Well, every class you skip you have to have an excuse for. I was always able to get away with it by going to the doctor, faking an illness and getting a note, even without my parents finding out. When I was caught skipping, I had a lot of unexcused classes. Luckily my teachers forgave me because I'm otherwise a good student. Now when I want to skip out of school, I just eat a raw potato and I get a fever just like that. It tastes disgusting, but it's worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom