i got a question about mapping

Best answers
im just asking this because i MIGHT make a map. MIGHT. it takes so friggen long i might change my mind, but, is it ok if i take the esf_city map and edit it to make a new map? im just asking this because im scared im gonna break rights on the esf teams' maps. i was thinking about making esf_destroyedcity by editing the esf_city map and putting cracks in the buildings, and broken windows, and maybe some slight mist in the city, but once again i might not even bother to make the map.

Best answers
I don't recall them releasing the rmf files for their maps, which would be needed in order to edit them (aside from decompiling). Though I could be wrong.

Best answers
he means u cant load a map by opening the bsp, if u wanted to u could ask esf team for the rmf, aka save file of esf_city but they wouldnt give it out to a beginner mapper, they prob wouldnt give it to anyone

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
you cannot edit an existing map, exept you decompile it. and decompiled maps have lots of errors and the brushes aint like in the original rmf... so, untill someone gives u the original .rmf file you cannot edit it.

Best answers
i just decided i dont want to make it anyway.
i might make it some other time though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom