I get an " I/O" error when installing it...

Best answers
Ive been dying to find the game half-life to play esf..... now that i got it..... esf doesnt want to install....... It says this... "An I/O error occurred when installing a file. This is normally caused by bad installation media or corrupt installation file." Im going crazy over it b/c i really like esf and i want to play it..... the same thing happens when i try and install Counter Strike....... so if n e one has n e idea on how to help me...... plz do so....... :cry: o_o ... lol...

SiLeNz BrEaKeR

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the I/O error is exactly what it says, a bad download. so you get to redownload the mod. a pain if you are on 56k, I know, but it is worth it.

Best answers
Miroku said:
the I/O error is exactly what it says, a bad download. so you get to redownload the mod. a pain if you are on 56k, I know, but it is worth it.
My friend lent me the HL copy so i could install it on my pc and play esf... now if u can help me with this..... i got the same error when i d/led the cs v1.5 and tried to install it..... do u reccommend i shut down EVERYTHING b4 i d/l it again.......???... plz w/b...... im me on aim....... SILENZBREAKER... thanxx im gonna go redownload right now... :rolleyes:

bye :tired:

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually recommend you to try a download manager if this happens often. Use a search engine and search for the term "Download Manager" I personally use Getright, and it has helped me quite a bit with large downloads...

if only I could cast some sort of haste spell on my modem...

Best answers
I had a problem like this when I tried to install ESF. I got around it by clicking off the "MP3s" when I installed ESF and it worked prefectly. So maybe the music files got corrupted. I'm not sure if it will help but might as well try.

Best answers
Yea, i did that too with the MP3 click thing. Its cause Mp3s take so much memory and it just crashed the instalation, so to fix this problem just click the MP3 box so there ISNT a check there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom