I do not understand, have to pay for the game or not ?!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Yes, this game will only be avaliable to play in internet cafes for aprox 9,99 per hour but, unlike those arcade dbz machines, this one will be avaliable outside of japan.
If you own an internet cafe, the team will handle you the game(when its finished) so you can host a few servers and have a playable version to everyone on your establishment in exchange for 20% of the revenue, however, should you add anything to the game that changes its core mechanics ( infinite ki, extremely high pl gains ) or its original roster( AF/GT characters/transformations), the team will cease to support you and you will be restricted from hosting the game and any events related to it on your cafe.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF is a free game. You just need to have Half Life 1. There are going to be no subscriptions or anything of the sort.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
It doesn't matter if it's free or not, you'll never pay for it cause it'll never be released woooooo~ :cool:

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
lol please do not use google translate for your questions!

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ignore everyone here but Grega

The rest of you need to stop spamming

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stop asking for POTWs when you already know what the answer will be.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF is a modification of the game HalfLife.

ESF is free.

HalfLife is not.

It is loosely implied that if you want to play a modification for HalfLife, that you already own HalfLife. I think as time has gone by, we are still a little blasé about this.

Considering that ESF is rather unique - DBZ attracts all age groups, and HalfLife is incredibly old now - we must concede t's just not that likely that people even know what HalfLife is anymore.

I wonder if there is perhaps a better way of 'tutorialising' this aspect? Especially important as ESF will attract more people as completion draws nearer and upon release, and they will likely be a whole new wave of youngsters who have no concept of the history.

Discord Member
Best answers
I think as time has gone by, we are still a little blasé about this.

Considering that ESF is rather unique - DBZ attracts all age groups, and HalfLife is incredibly old now - we must concede t's just not that likely that people even know what HalfLife is anymore.

I wonder if there is perhaps a better way of 'tutorialising' this aspect? Especially important as ESF will attract more people as completion draws nearer and upon release, and they will likely be a whole new wave of youngsters who have no concept of the history.
You're wrong when you say it isn't likely that the younger gamer wouldn't know what HL is ~ everyone has heard of the Half Life 3 release date conspiracy/meme + it was such a big game people still bring it up.
There are already heaps of guides and the team has made quite a few videos explaining mechanics ect. Right now these things aren't on the main website though. I suppose it isn't the most important thing to get done currently, but you're right there should be something set up before that wave of players hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom