I could use some advice (info)

Best answers
Right before we start i'd like to say that i'm no "pc upgrade geek who knows it all" just incase. Anyway, my old radeon 9000 64mb literally sucked so i thought yay me go buys a new card, i heard alot about this sertain fx5200 geforce card and iv'e read some about it comments etc, alot of people says it's just a pile of crap and some says it's "wonderful", since it was so cheap and on retail i just bought it for myself, it's a 256mb card anyhow i thought. Now with my radeon 9000 64mb i got like 10-25 fps on 1024x768 and all settings on high/highest on battlefield vietnam, and 30- fps on hl2+mods with the same settings, i got the new card (fx5200) just some days ago, installed it and the drivers and so on, i went to try it out on battlefield vietnam, with everything on high as usual, now here's the odd part, i just can't get more than 15-30 fps on bf:vietnam with it and something like 20-30 tops on cs source or any hl2 game, my first response was too loud to mention, but what the hell? 256mb card vs a 64mb card gives equals? (lol..) is it just some card install problems that causes this bad performance (or anything like that) or does this card literally sucks ass?, although it was so cheap i feel kind of fooled and i regret i ever bought the card. I'd like your opinnion on this, i'm currently saving up for a 6600gt 128 card atm and before i go fool myself again you think that would be a good idea? to get the 6600gt card that is.

The card is AGP and works fine, but the fps sucks.

Other pc specs:
P4 intel pentium 4 2,53 ghz
768 mb ddr ram

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
A 6600 GT is an excellent card.

Its slightly faster then 9800XT and its just under the 200 euro.

A defenatly good buy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have the fx it's ok, but it's time for a upgrade. I would say get more ram and new cpu.

Best answers
Yeah, the card does literally suck ass. I had it over a year ago and it was a colossal waste of money back then. 6600GT will get the job done for you if all you do is play BF:V and HL2. Consider upgrading your RAM to 1GB dual channel, and if your cache is low on your P4 (256k), then you'll wanna get a new processor with at least 512k of cache.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
i just upgraded my comp like a month ago and i got a gf6600 gt now and its a really great card :D
well, i bought the card one moth before i upgraded my other parts but anyways.... fairly enough 3d power for 189€ XD
i say go for it :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Styx said:
Right before we start i'd like to say that i'm no "pc upgrade geek who knows it all" just incase. Anyway, my old radeon 9000 64mb literally sucked so i thought yay me go buys a new card, i heard alot about this sertain fx5200 geforce card and iv'e read some about it comments etc, alot of people says it's just a pile of crap and some says it's "wonderful", since it was so cheap and on retail i just bought it for myself, it's a 256mb card anyhow i thought. Now with my radeon 9000 64mb i got like 10-25 fps on 1024x768 and all settings on high/highest on battlefield vietnam, and 30- fps on hl2+mods with the same settings, i got the new card (fx5200) just some days ago, installed it and the drivers and so on, i went to try it out on battlefield vietnam, with everything on high as usual, now here's the odd part, i just can't get more than 15-30 fps on bf:vietnam with it and something like 20-30 tops on cs source or any hl2 game, my first response was too loud to mention, but what the hell? 256mb card vs a 64mb card gives equals? (lol..) is it just some card install problems that causes this bad performance (or anything like that) or does this card literally sucks ass?, although it was so cheap i feel kind of fooled and i regret i ever bought the card. I'd like your opinnion on this, i'm currently saving up for a 6600gt 128 card atm and before i go fool myself again you think that would be a good idea? to get the 6600gt card that is.

The card is AGP and works fine, but the fps sucks.

Other pc specs:
P4 intel pentium 4 2,53 ghz
768 mb ddr ram
Graphics card memory doesn't effect anything unless it's a 6800 or x800. It's like putting monster truck wheels on a golf cart.

Best answers
Smith| said:
Graphics card memory doesn't effect anything unless it's a 6800 or x800. It's like putting monster truck wheels on a golf cart.
Thats what i noticed aswell. Anyway i'm gettin this 6600gt card as soon as possible. The processor's fine it'll last for another half year/year, and no i'm not just only playing battlefield:v (hell i barely ever play bf:v it has it's tendence to get boring, fast) and hl2, i just mentioned them as they do requires alot of good 3d card. And i'm planning on some more addon ram, my wallet's hungry so the ram have to wait just a lil longer.

Thanks for some good replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom