I cant play ESF, i installed it and everything and i have a store brought copy of CS

Best answers
Everytime i click play Earth's Special Forces a box pops up called
Steam-Browse Games. The same thing happens everytime i try to go into a server. Sum1 pwease help me

Best answers
Hrmmm...

From this list, look under "Other Games" and see if "Earth's Special Forces" is there. If it is, just double-click it. Using Counter-Strike doesn't have side-effects, no need to go buy a copy of Half-Life or anything.

I generally don't have that happen to me...

Here's an idea:

Place an icon on desktop, have the target be:
"C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 70 -game esf

See if that works.

Best answers
Have you applied the 1.2 -> 1.2.1 patch? Are you indeed trying to run 1.2.1, or did you install 1.1? I don't insult your Intelligence by asking, it just seems odd to me, that it's not working...

I've never run into this problem, so I don't really know the solution... Try uninstalling ESF, reinstalling, and then applying the patch. That's the only advice I can offer.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you sure your cd key is valid? Sometimes people can open boxes and steal cd keys and use them. I had this problem when my cd key was invalid, Try entering your cd key in the "Register a product I already own" window that pops up when u click it on the Browse games thing (If that makes sense.) Enter your cd key there. If you've already entered your cd key then it'll tell you that you've registered your product and then I don't know what your problem is. If it tells you that your key is a duplicate then someone has nicked your key and you need another one. If it registers your product then all you need to do is reinstall ESF (and if you want other Valve games just install them too) and you should be good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom