I CANT MOVE!!!!

Best answers
OKOK...Every tiem i get into a esf Game I cant DO anything but move my mouse around and look.. i cant move left or right i cant switch if i want ot do a melee attack or spirit bomb.. i and the mouse keys wont work... i asked soembody in the server and they said that i had to copy some config files...? i dont know.. hlep me out PLEASE!!! :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
be sure that you've access to open/ edit the "config.cfg" in your ESF directory freely ... don't make it read-only (not recommend)
then start HL, activate ESF, goto Multiplayer and then controls ... then bind your keys as you want ... if you want the defaults, reinstall ESF or ask anyone for his/her "config.cfg"
PS: you can open the file with normal notepad

I hope this could fix your problem

Best answers
Your using Steam, I've had this same problem. Try moving the CONFIG.CFG from the Half Life folder into your ESF folder. That should give you the base commands for HL, chat, fire etc. You shouldnt have ESF commands so you wont be able to do things like transform, you would have to set those through the Console, but do not try to set it through the Controls config on Steam or it will reset your Config file and you'll be back to using only mouse.
After you get the basic commands working then open the console and type the binds for ESF, you can find them in a CONFIG file that isn't being used by Steam, for example C:\Program Files\Half Life\ESF\Config.cfg, would be a list of commands, I think I'm going to host the DEFAULT config.cfg that ESF installs to the HL dir after school today, that may fix.
Good luck.

Best answers
Nretep said:
be sure that you've access to open/ edit the "config.cfg" in your ESF directory freely ... don't make it read-only (not recommend)
then start HL, activate ESF, goto Multiplayer and then controls ... then bind your keys as you want ... if you want the defaults, reinstall ESF or ask anyone for his/her "config.cfg"
PS: you can open the file with normal notepad

I hope this could fix your problem
yah..Ok what u told me helped..i ended up just reinstalling everything.... and its working know.. THx :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if steam really unbinds all your keys, reinstall ESF and make the "config.cfg" in your ESF directory ReadOnly ... I don't think steam is able to change it
if you need to change to options then, you've to edit it in this file, because HL isn't the best in steam (steam still suxx)

Best answers
Just wondering have you checked y'er controlls yet one time my controlls got reseted for no reason lol iam just checkin

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dope-Man said:
Just wondering have you checked y'er controlls yet one time my controlls got reseted for no reason lol iam just checkin
read Tassaders post !!!
he just said that steam unbinds all keys if you try to change them via steam ...
as I said before ... reinstall and make the "config.cfg" ReadOnly ... I still don't think steam changes a ReadOnly file

just search in help section (in which this thread becomes moved soon) for something like this and you'll see other guys ... maybe with solutions

(I read something like: rename "config.cfg" to "userconfig.cfg")

sorry guys ... I'm not using steam (yet), so I can't help you myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom