Hybrid: Benevolent Halfling

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
About 10 years ago, I met someone incredible He was kind, highly intelligent and was filled with ambition. I knew that with proper guidance, he could be someone important. There was no limit to his potential. I believed in my heart that give the time to mature and blossom, nothing would be able to stand in his way. He was honorable, and merciful, but knew when to apply the pressure. Knew when to wield the sword. He was my brother.

His name was Dogma, and I miss him dearly. This thread is not about him, but I felt you guys should know someone like this existed once upon a time.

Also 10 years ago, I met what can only be described as half Bill Cosby, half Frodo. Way back when, I had made a bet with a dear friend, you see:

"Find the ****tiest person possible, and turn him into the prom queen."

I took it one step further. If I could turn this halfling, this....this Hybrid....into something exceptional, I am truly a boss ass mother****er. What other conclusion could possibly be reached?

And so I trained him in my ways. But try as I might, he would never give truly give in to the ways of The Nix. His mind, heart and body simply weren't hard enough to complete his training. But where he lacked hatred and cynicism, he was filled with love and benevolence. Truly, a pussy if there ever was one.

In any case, those qualities were brought to this here domain, both ingame and on the forum. For you see, if not for Hybrid, this game would have died long ago.

Allow me to explain.

ESF has a pretty predictable pattern. For x months, everyone loves the game, everyone is happy and there's an influx of new players. Then, for x months most of those new players leave, some of the old ones leave but are replaced by the few newbies who decided to stick around. Then, there'd be an influx of both old players and new players, who would then eventually leave again. This cycle has gone on since the game's inception, but each time, the cycle gets weaker and weaker. We're at the point now where basically everyone is gone.

What the **** am I on about?

Well, here it is. Whenever the cycle was on the downturn, and everyone was leaving, the servers would disappear as well. Why pay for a server if you're never going to play the game again, right? Well, during those dark times, there were a few guys who decided they didn't want the game to die. So what did they do? They pooled their cash. Bought servers. Kept the ingame community alive. And 3 or 4 months later, when the guys who left decided to check out the server list to see if anyone still played the game, they'd see our glorious domain populated by old faces. So they'd come back. First, in 1s and 2s. Word would spread. More would return. New dudes would install ESF and see active servers. They'd join in. Buy their own servers. And then the cycle went on.

Hyb and Co. did this for years. Years. Making sure the game didn't die, making sure the embers never really went out.

And that's just ingame.

On the forum, there are also cycles. You see, I'm a pretty awesome person. There's no doubt about that. Whenever I'm an active participant on this forum, there are threads for days and they all exceed 5 pages. Why? Because I'll argue a black cat is white for days and win. Everyone loves drama. But you see, Zeo can't be around all the time. Sometimes I gots to leave. And then the forum slows down a bit. Stupid ******* threads start to get created to fill what must be a massive ******* void. And then here comes Hyb on his white horse and shining armor. Making threads left and right that have nothing to do with anything, but are entertaining. Posts that are as nonsensical as a cat not secretly being a KGB spy. And people laugh. They laugh, and they cry. They laugh because hyb is hilarious. They cry because they obviously miss me. I miss me sometimes, too. It's to be expected.

So you see, Hybrid is too integral a part of this community to be banished. He's too important.

Come on guys. Free him.

"WE WERE ALREADY WORKING ON UNBANNING HIM IN THE SECRET SQUIRREL SECTION. THIS THREAD ISNT NECESSARY."

Hyb made threads in my honor whenever I got banned for something retarded. I owe him.

Also, if you don't unban him, I will kill myself.

One of 3 Unban Hyb campaign sigs:

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I have no idea who hybrid is but i cried manly tears when i read this... truly a touching story worth a movie adaptation

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh...

Hybrid is Sub.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Come on guys. Free him.

"WE WERE ALREADY WORKING ON UNBANNING HIM IN THE SECRET SQUIRREL SECTION. THIS THREAD ISNT NECESSARY."

Hyb made threads in my honor whenever I got banned for something retarded. I owe him.

Also, if you don't unban him, I will kill myself.

http://i.imgur.com/KaaCd.png

One of 3 Unban Hyb campaign sigs:

http://i.imgur.com/VKCUW.png
I'll admit you made me laugh. Hard.

That said we aren't working on unbanning him per se, we are working on a consensus. Once that point is reached, we are going to be as fair as possible to all parties involved. Heads will be smacked, high fives will be hand, and yes in the end you'll accuse us of patting ourselves on the back for a job not done in your eyes. But I assure you, something will happen.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm willing to make the ultimate sacrifice.

My account for his.

Let's do it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, Synth. What's going on, man? Long time. Yeah, haha. So me and the guys were talking and...like, we like you, bro. You know we do. But here's the thing. You're ******* crazy. Nah, man. Not crazy with a k. The real crazy. The kind where we legitimately believe you're schizophrenic and we fear that we have to put you down. So, for all of our sakes, can you just leave? As a favor to me, bro. I'll owe you. Wha...I don't know what you're talking about. See what I mean? I ask if you can leave, and you start talking about how fences are really all that's separating us from the nullification of quantifying time cubes. I don't know what any of that means. What? No, I don....you know what? Get out. Just get the **** out of my thread.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is sad to see he was hit with this problem following our Messiah.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Synth: Your meds.

Take them.

@Adurhur: You're out of your element, Donnie.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm willing to make the ultimate sacrifice.

My account for his.

Let's do it.
OH **** NO NOT AGAIN, IT'S JUST LIKE IN "DRAGON HEART"

I enjoyed this. Pointless in bringing Sub back though, because he will read this, realize his nonsensical posts will forever be inferior to this, and then proceed to kill himself.

I...I don't want Sub to die, daddy.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to leave the forum if Sub stays banned, though. He's my anchor to this place. This is my last-ditch effort to stick around.

I'm doing this for entirely selfish reasons. As Dogma would have wanted...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
These subliminal subjective submissions of Sub's sublime subservience to the community substantially reminds us that he fuels the subplot of this submissive subpar submarine of subhumans we call "ESF Forums".

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
So Hybrid = Sub = Messiah. ESF = Menopause and everyone and their dog has been banned because of some 14 year old kid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom