Humour thread!!! (slight political jest, but its meant as a joke, no insult meant!)

Best answers
Raven dust you just put a little twinkle of hope into my eye...And i can't seem to rub it out >.< Thank you

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Wow. If there wasn't any certainty I was the new mod staff scapegoat before, there is now. Almost every person who replied to this thread had to take a jab at my joke. Good one guys. Ten pages of the same type of stuff and it's "ahahahahahaha so funny omg lol" ... Pride recalls writing three sentences and the thread is on fire. What a fat load of bull****.
I'm sorry but... what? You expect to say something and everyone just bows at your feet for your almighty words of truth? I don't know if what I said under your quote is counted in or not in the suposed "flaming" you are talking about, but either way you should expect that when you say something someone might have another opinion, so don't victimize yourself.

Best answers
it was pretty obviously just a joke, i thought it was a funny response to the "letter" in the original post. signing a letter "dear britain" should have been a clear indicator it was a joke.

Best answers
I at least did not take it as that he was not joking in any moment.
But he seems to be taking responses from people that posted as a personal insult, when it might not be so. Not in my case at least.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Found it insulting. Got pissed. Will only say one thing: If we have to say "colour" why not just say "centre" as well. /Sarcasm.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I'd like to add to that: English people don't (all) sit in armchairs, wear bowler hats, smoke pipes, have moustaches and fail to pleasure our womenfolk. We don't (all) have unwaveringly respect the queen, drink tea or say 'what what', 'spiffing good show' or 'tally ho!'. We don't (all) have crooked teeth, call ciggerettes '***s', eat beef or quaff port.
Damn it Dust! My life was a hell lot easier when I thought the British followed those stereotypes.

Now I have to treat them as induvisuals now ;(

But I will say this. Teenage british girls with an appropiate accent= :yes:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I'd like to add to that: English people don't (all) sit in armchairs, wear bowler hats, smoke pipes, have moustaches and fail to pleasure our womenfolk. We don't (all) have unwaveringly respect the queen, drink tea or say 'what what', 'spiffing good show' or 'tally ho!'. We don't (all) have crooked teeth, call ciggerettes '***s', eat beef or quaff port.

We do however have the highest rate of teen pregnancies and child obesity in Europe (frankly if you're not fat, you're pregnant) There's also a continuing trend of Happy Slapping, binge drinking and creating sports-related violence. Sometimes we combine them with disasterous consequences. Just thought i'd clear that up =P

Is that Taggart thing true btw? o_O
What about "Jolly good"?

Best answers
Target = Targgart

French speaking really :/ (tar-Jey) is really how you say it.

ANyway, I've seen this jokea lot and it never ceases to amaze me how people get so bored.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good, except for the fact that American Football (AmeFuto if you prefer) has a Euro and Canadian league :p And damn the Canadian version rocks. Slightly different field and rules.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Formal Rebuttal

(This was an Attempt at dry humor. I find it funny myself, but chances are it will be a light chuckle.)

1. While I do not read a library every day, my volcabulary is exemplary. I have no intention of following this revocation.

2. Unfortunately, this statement is false. There are different dialects of other languages, why not english? In fact, there are different dialects within the U.K. itself, how is this different?

3. Yes, while their are distinct differences, there is no real english accent. Just a myriad of other accents from different regions of your Island. Therefore, you cannot confuse an "English" accent for an Australian one.

4. I wouldn't care if you burned hollywood to the ground.

5. I have only done something half ass about 15 times in my life!

6. I aggree, Football and Baseball are crap. Hockey is a real man's sport.

7. Not entirely sure why we haven't done this on our own yet.

8. So you want us to get wasted and blow our hands off on November 2nd? November is a terrible month for that!

9. I ride a bicycle.

10. Beef Jerky is vastly superior to both, but then you people wouldn't really undestand with your terrible dental habits, thus disallowing the pleasure of our wonderful dried, salted and spiced meats.

11. He he he, as if I drink bostonian tea! It sucks anyway.

12. I prefer tequila and scotch myself, do as you wish.

13. Give it a couple months. It'll do that on it's own.

14. Agreed on Lawyers and Therapists, but whats a gunshot wound between friends? Hmmm?

15-1. Lynden B. Johnson was behind the assassination due to his lust for power.

15-2. Not exactly fair....I beleive that I shold at least only be backdated to 1900 as my familial anscestors were not residents of this nation prior to then, and I personally beleive that our Lend Lease weapons and military equipment from World-War II covered all prior expenses. According to my calculations we, as a whole nation, owe you about $1,001,001 and 3 cents.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And damn the Canadian version rocks.
Indeed. But its still not rugby.

That was a pretty good joke. The only part I would have to dissagree with is the warm, flat beer part of it. And is American beer all that bad? Ive only ever had Canadian beer and the occasional brew from Europe (mainly Beck's and Guinness).

My only question is why have I not seen this before?

Heres a funny little song on the war of 1812 for those interested. Its by a local band called the Arrogant Worms. The War of 1812

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom