Human Weapon - Anyone Watch It?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
It's my favorite show, especially since they showed the martial arts I study. Saldy, however i saw that episode midway through, and couldn't keep watching as I had to go somewhere. However, I love the show. It indroduces me to new types of martial arts that I'd love to try.

I can't remember the name of it. But the episode with the type where they use sticks I found extremeley awesome. The fact that they can use sticks as an extention of their body, and still fight without them is great. And seeing those masters at it throw people around like rag dolls is absolutely amazing.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't remember the name of it. But the episode with the type where they use sticks I found extremeley awesome. The fact that they can use sticks as an extention of their body, and still fight without them is great.
It's called Eskrima. It sucked that the match at the end ended early due to Jason having his finger broken, but it was a good match.

I can't wait until they get to Taekwondo (if they do). I can just imagine the kind of threads that'll pop up on Martial Arts message boards discussing about how much it sucks. Better yet, I can't wait until they get to Jeet Kune Do (I don't know if this was confirmed). It's going to be really tough to find a credible/legitimate instructor.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't wait until they get to Jeet Kune Do (I don't know if this was confirmed). It's going to be really tough to find a credible/legitimate instructor.
Dan inosanto ^^

IF he's willing to cooporate that is.

IMO, those who are thaught by Dan (or lee himself) are credible/legitimate enough.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Better yet, I can't wait until they get to Jeet Kune Do (I don't know if this was confirmed). It's going to be really tough to find a credible/legitimate instructor.
Considering Jeet Kune Do is more of a philosophy than a style, I really doubt they'll do it. No such thing as an instructor for JKD as it's personally mixing and matching techniques from all over that work for you.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering Jeet Kune Do is more of a philosophy than a style, I really doubt they'll do it. No such thing as an instructor for JKD as it's personally mixing and matching techniques from all over that work for you.
I agree with you entirely, but that doesn't change the fact that there are those out there that teach it as a style. This is one of the reasons, if not the primary reason, as to why Bruce Lee didn't want any of his work published. If I remember correctly, he stopped teaching because he felt that Jeet Kune Do was turning into a style.

Dan inosanto ^^

IF he's willing to cooporate that is.

IMO, those who are thaught by Dan (or lee himself) are credible/legitimate enough.
He's probably the most qualified at this point, though there is some controversy over what he teaches.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate Bill Duff. He is so unqualified to be on that show.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate Bill Duff. He is so unqualified to be on that show.
You should see the official Human Weapon message boards. Every page has at least one "Bill Duff sucks" thread.

While I don't hate Duff, I do agree he's not very good. What would you expect from someone whose only credentials are wrestling and football?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom