*HULK SMASH*

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just got this game yesterday and all I have too say is WOW. It feels just like spiderman 2 only difference is HULK SMASH Everything. I got a few complaints about it but theres more good points then there is bad points.

The load times are bad but you get use too it sort of.
When you buy a new skill with your smash points you have too through another long load screen and after your done buying your skill guess what another load screen :/

I would say if your a huge hulk fan then buy it but if your not give it a rental its well worth it and the 46 foot robots you get too fight are so much fun :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My little brother buoght the game, it it is very gun even after you beat it. There is nothing more fun than beating the **** out of a hulk buster with an ARSENAL of fighting moves and combos. Bashing each other into a wall, ground, buildings, I was surprsied how fun the combat was made for this game, they really knew what they were doing.

The story is a bit short, but that is balanced with a bunch of unlockables, but some of the unlockable moves are just aerial versions of ground versions or dashing versions of the ground versions.

You really feel like you hulk and your commiting ultimate destruction. You can topple certain buildings, you leave huge crack wherever you leap (very far). It reminds of a lot of Spider man 2, except the missions are GTA-like, meaning yo ucan choose to do the mission that progresses the story, do an optional chllanege mission, or destroy your surroundings and the focres that come after you. A lot of other games you can smell a hint of, such as: GTA, Spider Man 2, and a Devil May Cry 3 combo (practically flos the same way, looks the same and is executed similar).

So yeah its a game thatshould keep you entertained for a while. It is likely that you will beat the game in the first week, but a lot of the challeneges are fun and fighting the small hulk busters should bring joy to all girls and boys.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
is it as free roaming as spiderman was? if so im definately gonna "get" it

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Spidey-2 has a bigger city but all you get too explore in spidey-2 was the city in this game you can explore deserts and other areas even special stages for boss battles.

I love grabbing the helicopters in mid-air and then just slamming them too the ground :D

Like the title of my thread HULK SMASH is what this game is all about :)

and you even get too pickup people and just beat the hell out of them and throw them great distances haha.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love the voice acting of the people, hearing a policeman scream "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" brightens my day.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What systems is this game available for?

I've never been a particular fan of The Hulk, but I sure do love me bashing up some **** real good every now and then. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
g4 said it was pretty good if you just wanna.. bash ****

Best answers
Too bad it won't be for PC......... oh well. There's still Ultimate Spider-Man ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really want to get this game, but at the moment im kinda strapped for cash, so i'm waiting out for Ultimate Spider-man, seeing as I'm more excited for that.

I'll probably rent it though, and if it's as good as I hope it is, i'll make sure to get it sometime later down the road.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you got the HDD software the load times are awesome ^^,

just picked this up at blockbuster and gave it a shot, i cant beat the damn hulkbuster boss >_<

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it's the open that shoots lasers, grabe a tank, if you have the upgrade, and ***** slap him with it.

This is the only game I know of that has a situation like that...

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm playing it on the ps2 and the framerate is good I don't remember seeing any chugging at all so far.

Its available for PS2, Xbox and Gamecube.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you will encounter a lttle bit of slowdown later on in the game, when they send 5 fighter jets, 5 helicopters, a handful of hulkbusters and a few tanks after you ^^. but its not that bad, its still perfectly playable

i play the ps2 version as well)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phobius said:
I'm playing it on the ps2 and the framerate is good I don't remember seeing any chugging at all so far.

Its available for PS2, Xbox and Gamecube.
Excellent. Would you happen to know if the Gamecube version looks a little better or is in any way noticeably different from the PS2 version? I've encountered one or two Gamecube games that were slightly nerfed compared to their PS2/XBox counterparts because, apparently, Gamecube is for kiddies. =/ (note the sarcasm, please)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i would assume the gamecube and xbox versions look considerably better, thats usually the case with cross-platform games.

the ps2 version dont look bad though, i was surprised at how good the hulk looked on a ps2 game ^^

on a side note, did anyone else find the final boss fight just a tad too difficult? >_<

G
just came out here today in UK, I have the demo and cant wait to get the real thing, the demo alone is about 3 mins long and it is incredibley fun, so cool finding secrete pick-upable weapons and such that you wouldn't usaly think of, its great "hmm... I wonder i that giant teddy bear logo can be used as a weapon *1 minute later* TEDDY SMASH!"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:
on a side note, did anyone else find the final boss fight just a tad too difficult? >_<
I prefer them being real hard-asses over them being pussies. More challenge is more better! :yes:

Best answers
Bought the game today. So far it rocks!
I've not finished it yet, but I think I'm near the end, and it seems a little on the short side. That's my only complaint about the game though. Everything else is just so damn fun! The amount of havock and destruction you cause when you fight groups of hulkbusters is insane, with concrete smashed, cars destroyed and buildings torn apart everywhere. They've done a really good job with giving you a sense of power in the game, from the way the go flying when you land from a high jump - to the way that your hands tear through buildings if you try to grab them while falling. You really do feel like you could tear apart the entire city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom