HUGE sketchbook dump (slight nudity)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lots of studies here, its all about learning! I try to do as many studies as possible these days, not only does it broaden my knowledge but it makes it easier for me to get more confidence in my linework. I haven't done nearly enough stuff from imagination I'd like to, I really feel like I have an incredible art block since my WoW experience, most of the work done here was either done before I started playing wow (over a year and a half ago now) and inbetween having no account time. I've only done a few pages recently, cant seem to find anything to make me wanna get down to it and go all out, hoping having a thread here and at conceptart.org will inspire me to pick up my pencil. Lots of pages have got smudged, my sketchbooks are always in my bag, and for some reason ring binder sketchbooks love to rub pages together, which is a little annoying considering some of my best work can get ruined just from carrying my sketchbook around =\. I've lost a lot of detail here and there due to smudging/wear and tare, my worst being the page with the guy with the space gun at the bottom, I spent about 1 hour rendering on that page to then work on the next page and find my knee had destroyed all that work... I wasn't happy >_<

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

<<< Wip... gonna build on this some more.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

<<< I gotta think of something for the bottom left =/

Will add more lator D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
alot of pictures heh.
Nice drawings/sketches there David. I really like most of it. Just on a few sketches the proporations looks off and maybe outline your work abit more sharper maybe.
I really love how you work with the perspective and your imagination is great. Personally i would like to see some fantasy character/creature/envoirmental drawings from you like back then.

Lovly drawings.

Edit: Yeh , not to forget to mention it, awesome muscles/anatomy drawings!(well with skin on them i mean ^^ )

Best answers
Care to cross the Channel and have my babies? :O

I love it.. I'm glad you stepped away from the anime/manga-ish style you used to draw in, you went for a more realistic style and it totally fits you. You're extremely talented, I hope you realise this.. Don't ever stop drawing, there should be a bright future for a guy like yourself.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I ever wrote a space/fantasy novel, I'd ask Skiwan to do the cover.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Care to cross the Channel and have my babies? :O

I love it.. I'm glad you stepped away from the anime/manga-ish style you used to draw in, you went for a more realistic style and it totally fits you. You're extremely talented, I hope you realise this.. Don't ever stop drawing, there should be a bright future for a guy like yourself.
I'd love to have your babies! Then they'd have your design skills too D:

Thanks for noticing the style change, I've been working hard to escape the manga style, It's much harder but it's also a lot more rewarding. I'm currently going through a rough time though, inspiration wise. I need to get on with my work and stop procrastinating. I do hope there is a future for me doing this... Thing is I'm having a little trouble with knowing what kind of side of art I wanna go into, I love concept art, I really do and I love doing it, but there's a part of me that wants to do a lot more meaningful work than that. I dunno, maybe someday I'll be able to combine both... I hope so anyway.

@ Pixel/tryforce: Thanks for the kind words, I've got more work hidden away but I'll have to find some time to scan/upload it. 52 pages killed me >_< but there's still more, and i got some digital stuff on here too. Those anatomy drawings at the bottom are studies from my Bruce Lee book, also my most recent page, so there's no smudging on it :p

@ Synth: Anytime mate!

Best answers
Man I love the guy with the foot on his head and the curly black guy with old school spacegear.
That' some pretty enjoyable stuff you got there, David.
Give us more!

Best answers
Nice, I wish I could draw like that. Whenever I try hard, It never turns out the same.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
:fight:Ha hAAA!~~

I've found the Art masta of these forums..

And I jjr.heartfelt, a rookie art guy have put you @ the top of my list to beat in drawing >=O

You should consider this an Honor :laff:

When the time is right !! I'll catch You!!~ but for now.. could you pm me your msn messenger o_o

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Here's some stuff i've done, maybe I could learn a ting or 2. = ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom