Huge rant thread. *Caution: Walls of text may be present.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I cannot disagree with this.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What, don't you enjoy getting 1000%* of the sodium you really need per fish?

* As I have not actually researched this fact I am not liable for you sounding stupid by quoting it to someone who has done their research

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to rant how rants don't really need walls of text, just words with a lot of syllabes.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What, don't you enjoy getting 1000%* of the sodium you really need per fish?

* As I have not actually researched this fact I am not liable for you sounding stupid by quoting it to someone who has done their research

1 Anchovies filet has about 150mg of Sodium. And we need about 1.5 grams of Sodium per day. So really, get your facts straight. Dude.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I once ordered a sausage pizza for delivery. It came with anchovies only. I heavily considered suicide until I called them and they replaced it for free.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anchovies CAN be used in cooking if the saltiness is complimentary. More often than not though, anchovies overpower any other flavour, and thus make it totally disgusting.
I think raw oysters are worse though. The first time I tried those I realised why so many girls prefer to spit than swallow.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I once bought Anchovies wrapped around olives.
I love olives.
I love fish.

I never tried anchovies.... until that moment...

:cry:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why have wall of text when you can have a wall of amps?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Barney makes an excellent point. Reminds me of Z.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When the media tells us the economy is sluggish or failing... I feel they are calling middle-America lazy.

/rant

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's middle-America? I never heard that expression before. Do you mean middle-class Americans? If so, isn't it true that they're lazy?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He meant middle-class, and no, we aren't lazy. Middle-class working families are unarguably the backbone of this country.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
When the media tells us the economy is sluggish or failing... I feel they are calling middle-America lazy.

/rant
When I hear and read things like this, I become mildly irritated because it shows a fundamental lack of understanding of economics.

Avenger said:
Do you mean middle-class Americans? If so, isn't it true that they're lazy?
And when I read things like this, I laugh. Not because its funny, but because it reminds me that we're not alone in our ability to paint millions of people with but a single stroke of a brush, causing great confusion, hatred and an odd superiority complex backed by nothing but the legend that exists only in their mind. Slightly disappointing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And when I read things like this, I laugh. Not because its funny, but because it reminds me that we're not alone in our ability to paint millions of people with but a single stroke of a brush, causing great confusion, hatred and an odd superiority complex backed by nothing but the legend that exists only in their mind. Slightly disappointing.
I'm sorry if I came across generalizing. I was aiming to get a thorough debunking of the claim, I wasn't making a point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom