Hud

Best answers
Hey guys i made a HUD for my lil private test mod. I got a Problem now: when i want to create the sprite with sprite explorer i get an Exception error.

I tried it with Photoshop cs3 at home and cs2 at work and didn´t get it to work.

Would anyone be so kind and take a look why this Sprite won´t compile?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
did you make sure to index the bmp?

Best answers
yeah i did

i made indexed colors and the last palette color was the orange.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what are you using to compile your sprite?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sprite explorer isn't very reliable for creating sprites, I've had issues with it in the past. There's 2 sprite makers I'd recommend, Easy Sprite maker, which has a nice interface and is really easy to use, but tends to crash on the odd occasion, the other is Sprite wizard, which is the most reliable, but if you're creating a lot of sprites its step by step method gets tedious.

Best answers
Sprite Wizard fks up my sprite completly.

when i use easy sprite creator and i make an alphatest hud, it makes my background black. Did i do wrong anything?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I havent done any transparent sprites in a long while, but I seem to recall you have to make the index palette 256 colours, and the last one is your transparency colour, if you dont have 256 colours it wont work, or something like that.

Best answers
I dunno what i do wrong: when i try to create an alphatest with full palette bmp file i get a index outside range error in easy sprite creator. and if it compiles my background is black instead of that orange.

Last edited:
Best answers
Ok now its getting more and more weird:

I made a simple 32x32 px size file and wanted to make a normal sprite, no change.

Do i need to make something special when changing it to indexed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom