HTML In ESF

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would be nice (for server admins especially) to have HTML added into ESF like it is in CS.

This isn't an "OMG WE NEED THIS NOW!!" type of thing but it would be beneficial to server admins and would be nice for making AMX plugins for ESF.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I don't know the exact reason for adding HTML support into ESF. I've never really seen HTML in CS, probably because I don't play it anymore :laff:. Unless admins want to make sure their rules are bolded, italized, or underlined. Or, you just wanna design a nice little welcome screen, with tables, indents, custom fonts, centered justified, right justified, and left justified, and all that other cool stuff. :D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What can you do with HTML in cs? i dont play cs so yeah. I know HTML i just dont know how you can use it in game... I'm pretty confused

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A common example from CS is instead of having plain 'ol text on the MOTD (which no one stops to read) you could display your clan's website or a custom website (with pics ~N~ all) which would make more people actually STOP and LOOK instead of immidiatly clicking "OK"

Also, plugin makers can throw up neat little MOTD-type boxes with styled text (Example from CS: /statsme)

Best answers
I'm not even close to be a coder, and I'm not sure what u mean, but by adding HTML will it mean that HTML pages are created through the game (I mean like stats of a game\server, shown in HTML and even saved)? If thts it, or part of it, it would be nice since frag amounts, deaths, etc' could be saved after a game and then bragged about (or whined about :p ). If I'm wrong with what I say, don't mind me too much, please....

Anyhow if u could explain to those of us who don't have aclue. I'd be glad...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that would be cool but I don't understand either...

Best answers
The only thing I have against this is that I can't view HTML in the Half-Life engine for some reason. I believe it is my video card, but I don't feel like fighting it again.

So, um, no?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Moshe Kipod Ham said:
I'm not even close to be a coder, and I'm not sure what u mean, but by adding HTML will it mean that HTML pages are created through the game (I mean like stats of a game\server, shown in HTML and even saved)? If thts it, or part of it, it would be nice since frag amounts, deaths, etc' could be saved after a game and then bragged about (or whined about :p ). If I'm wrong with what I say, don't mind me too much, please....

Anyhow if u could explain to those of us who don't have aclue. I'd be glad...

The most simple use for the HTML support in ESF would be viewing webpages in a server's MOTD instead of just plain boring text. This is especially useful for clan servers who can have their clan website appear in the MOTD instead of just posting the web address.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah but it could be abused by many ways. Besides I don't feel like loading an entire web page every time I go in a server...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe leading to undesired sites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom