Hp and beam suggestions.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
HP

Its way too easy to die in ESF. On top of that 1.3 knockbacks are going to be changed to allow more then 2 hits, so if a player manages to get in an 8 or 9 hit combo + generic beam, that will leave the enemy pretty much dead.

I think that either hp should be raised, or damage from basic melee hits should be reduced to allow more room for combo'ing. There should be enough leeway to allow players to pull off 8 or 9 hit combos --> at least 2 or 3 times to kill the enemy. Players also need a chance to make a comeback so this will do it for them.

Ki Blast and Beam Suggestions

I believe that ki blasts and every single beam attack in esf are overpowered to a degree. If you look at the competitive side of esf, all big beam attacks are banned from use because they just do too much damage. Other things are banned from matches but most of those things are being fixed in 1.3 (like rolling combo, block to adv. melee, etc).

I also believe that ki blasts are overpowered too. They do so much damage, and can kill an enemy off fairly easy (if they are on the ground) and quickly.

One thing that could help esf overall in the competitive side of things is to reduce hp damage when hit by ki blasts and beams. Giving big beams the ability to kill an enemy in one blast is too much. It also leads to easy kills with very little skill involved, so they get spammed in public servers.

If the damage was reduced to a reasonable amount, then they would not be frowned upon so much and would actually be used in clan matches. The only time I see big beams actually doing alot of damage in esf is when you go into beam struggles. Their strength can increase during those times.

What makes a good game last a very long time is a good competitive aspect to it. Counter-strike is great because it is played by many people in public servers, and has a highly competitive side to it, which helps keep it going strong. Hopefully ESF can do the same in 1.3.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Firstly if you read the design documents again youll see that each time you hit someone with basic melee he will fly away faster and further.

Thus unless you are SSJ3 with a aimbot you probably wont be able to do more than 3 or 4 hits >.>

Allthough i give you a bit right on the beam thing. Beams arnt anoying cause they do loads of damage. Its supossed to be so. But the blast radius is to big. Make the beams have a smaller radious and it will be balanced enough.

I suggest to put a clap on the radius. The radius shouldnt be more than 2 characterhights in radius.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I already know that basic hits will increase in speed, but you cant rule out that 8 hit combos wont be possible if 1.3 isn't even out yet. And if it was pulled off then that would pretty much kill the enemy, which is not a good thing. It's kills the enemy too quickly, just like beams do. There needs to be room to put more damage into the enemy so fights will last longer.

Big Beams usually kill in one or two blasts. That is way overpowered in itself, and its so easy to do when compared to melee. Overall its just a bad idea for esf, and its not even true to the show as well. Players never died from just one beam attack, unless one character was alot stronger then the other.

But it still off balances esf the game. Most skilled players choose not to use big beams in public servers, because there is less skill involved with them. But beams are far more effective then melee, technically speaking. Even the best of players complain about beam spammers because it is true... beams are overpowered and do so much damage.

Think of it like this: if there was a match being played and the goal would be to get the most kills possible in a certain amount of time or rounds (just like any other competitive game).... would players use melee pretty much at all? Of course not, they would spam Big Beams and Ki-blasts like crazy.

All types of big beams are banned from matches, sometimes even ki blasts and generic beams. I think the radius and hp damage should be reduced for all of them, except for beam struggles.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tonythetiger123 said:
I already know that basic hits will increase in speed, but you cant rule out that 8 hit combos wont be possible if 1.3 isn't even out yet. And if it was pulled off then that would pretty much kill the enemy, which is not a good thing. It's kills the enemy too quickly, just like beams do. There needs to be room to put more damage into the enemy so fights will last longer.

Big Beams usually kill in one or two blasts. That is way overpowered in itself, and its so easy to do when compared to melee. Overall its just a bad idea for esf, and its not even true to the show as well. Players never died from just one beam attack, unless one character was alot stronger then the other.

But it still off balances esf the game. Most skilled players choose not to use big beams in public servers, because there is less skill involved with them. But beams are far more effective then melee, technically speaking. Even the best of players complain about beam spammers because it is true... beams are overpowered and do so much damage.

Think of it like this: if there was a match being played and the goal would be to get the most kills possible in a certain amount of time or rounds (just like any other competitive game).... would players use melee pretty much at all? Of course not, they would spam Big Beams and Ki-blasts like crazy.

All types of big beams are banned from matches, sometimes even ki blasts and generic beams. I think the radius and hp damage should be reduced for all of them, except for beam struggles.
I think you are missunderstanding a fiew things.

The pros dont dislike beams cause of there damage in public servers. The reason why they dont use them is cause you get mode PL if you use melee.

As for the 1 on 1 mathces. Be honest how maney times did you see Goku fire a KHH in the show in a 1 on 1 match. As less as possible.

Thats why i say keep the damage just dicrease teh blast radious.

As for teh melee. As far as ive read the increasment in speed will be 1.2

And i also belive that the testers will clear that up.

Now about that 8 hit combo. People were saying that thez dont like 1.2 cause the limit on the melee hits. The speed came later.

Limited punches is not good. But if you want to calculate with 4 hits the speed would be about 16 times as fast as with 1 hit.

And if you can catch that you are one of the best players.

Also to aim it right at that speed requires a super aim or an aimbot. So that is balanced.

As for "True to the show". No ESF is not true to the show. Hence why Goku dosent have 10000 HP >.>

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Grega said:
As for the 1 on 1 mathces. Be honest how maney times did you see Goku fire a KHH in the show in a 1 on 1 match. As less as possible.
Yea, and if beams stay the way they are, they will be used more often because of the damage they can do. But if their damage was lowered, they would be used less often and be more balanced.

Grega said:
As for teh melee. As far as ive read the increasment in speed will be 1.2

But if you want to calculate with 4 hits the speed would be about 16 times as fast as with 1 hit.

And if you can catch that you are one of the best players.
I calculated it out (basic hits will be multiplied by 1.2) and after 4 hits.... the speed is only doubled, not 16 times. So I'm pretty sure more then 4 hits will be possible.

Grega said:
As for "True to the show". No ESF is not true to the show. Hence why Goku dosent have 10000 HP >.>
You misread my quote. With beam damage so high, its bad for gameplay and not true to the show, because beams never killed people that quickly unless one character was alot stronger then the other.

One more idea thats kind of off topic but makes beams overpowered is there is no way to shield yourself from splash damage. Players can avoid beam struggles and can do 90 % hp damage if they just detonate the beam in the air.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe they should just make another esf mode where you have more hp or something, because alot of people nowadays want that. o.0
I think it's fine as it is, but the radius should decrease a bit, UNLESS someone is like 20 mil pl, which is pretty hard to get, well nless you're ssj3, bu then that should be as strong as a ssj goku khh atm.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
A new gamemode still wouldn't fix it really. Beams will still be used much more because of their strength.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Probably because that's the way it was in the show, too.

Beams were often used as a finishing move, hence why they're so strong - to kill the opponent in one last blow.

Of course, in ESF, this means non-stop beam spammage.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yea but in the show they could not fire 10 kamehameha's in a row (esf), so that one gets ruled out lol. The perfect solution to fix beam spamming is to lower the damage they cause overall. Everthing else about them (ki costs, etc) can remain the same.

Actually they used beams alot to wear down the enemy, like another form of melee, not always just to kill the opponent.

Best answers
Well to be honest big beams are suppose to be kinda instant kills to a certain extent. Those type of beams (example gallit gun) could destroy planets in a single blow. So intantly killing a person should be childs play.

But also on the other hand spamming has gotten seriously out of control. There needs to be a way to tone it down. That is why i was hoping the stamina system would also affect how often big beams can be used in succession. Ive never seen any Z character shoot 2 big attacks in a row so i think in order to use a big attack a certain stamina limit must be required.

Also i dont know whether its a damage bug or wut but generic beams do alot of damage and most people use generic beams to do most of the damage in a fight. 3 hits + beam has to take away at least 70+hp so if anything generic beams need to be toned down too.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
~Dark Trunks~ said:
Well to be honest big beams are suppose to be kinda instant kills to a certain extent. Those type of beams (example gallit gun) could destroy planets in a single blow. So intantly killing a person should be childs play.
But dragonball z characters aren't regular people, their super saiyans ;p.

If big beams (sometimes ki blasts and generics) are never going to be used in matches, then all the hard work they are doing is sort of going to waste. And.. it takes out an important strategic part of the game. I just feel that beams are doing TWICE the hp damage that they should be doing (excluding beam struggles).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say teh beam should only do damage if its a direct hit.

The beamspeed should be upped to make them harder to dodge but the splash damage should be reduced to about the size of a normal character.

Maby even make them stronger.

This idea:
Faster beams = harder to dodge true to the show.
No blast radious = true to the show and better gameplay
Beams stronger = true to the show

You can make the beams stronger cause youd have to hit your target to actualy cause damage. Thats also the reason why you can add to beamspeed.

But you will say what about ball attacks.

Well they get there blast radious decreased by (lets just say) 30% and get to keep there power.

A direct hit with a ball attack (not counting genball and kiblast) would do 2x the damage to the person it hits. But it would have to be direct.

Best answers
Ill agree wit grega on this one. These ideas would probably be best. The whole reson why spamming is such a big factor is cus of the blast radius. The beam doesnt have to hit u now they just explode it and it kills u. So if the blast radius would be reduced i think spamming as a whole would be reduced as well.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
well its just not blast radius, its also because you cant block splash damage, so they always do the damage no matter what.

Interesting ideas grega.

Beams are supposed to be an extension of melee, doing the same damage but offer a different way of fighting. Beams were never that strong in the show (besides frieza vs earthlings, etc), so why in esf? Yea they used beams to kill the enemy off but after he was severely weakened.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Probably because that's the way it was in the show, too.

Beams were often used as a finishing move, hence why they're so strong - to kill the opponent in one last blow.

Of course, in ESF, this means non-stop beam spammage.
That's not "completely" true honestly. I've seen many times in Dragonball Z using energy waves attack a lot, (like the cell games when goku was worn out). But it is true they used melee more often. Perhaps the swoop and melee should use up a very little energy, while the energy attacks take up a lot of energy. And you can't recharge your energy, but it regains slowly. What about that?

About the suggestion about the Health, i do have to agree. It would be much better if the HP would be much higher, like 800 to 1200. This way, longer battles could be made like in the show. And as said above, you wouldn't get killed so fast and much.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
Perhaps the swoop and melee should use up a very little energy, while the energy attacks take up a lot of energy. And you can't recharge your energy, but it regains slowly. What about that?
I thought about that but I dont think it would completely fix the problem, and might mess up the beam system we have now. If they used up so much energy, they would become useless. Also, you would never have enough energy left over for beam struggles. Your idea about "regaining slowly" is actually going to be applied to the stamina meter, so it might conflict with it.

I just recommend everything about beams stay the same except the damage they cause and the blast radius from them.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
tonythetiger123 said:
I thought about that but I don't think it would completely fix the problem, and might mess up the beam system we have now. If they used up so much energy, they would become useless.
Not if you balance the energy usage between the beams. Like the simple KI blast won't use up a lot of energy, while the Generic Blast takes up a little more, and the big ones. Such as the Kamehameha wave would take up a lot due it is a strong attack. And how about the energy will recharge rate will increase the more you melee your opponent.

It is true that about having low on energy would decrease your change to win struggles. But i think that could be fixed if you could use up some stamina to increase the power in the beam perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom