How's this for bizarre awesomeness

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Force Pit Member
Best answers
So wait?! What you are saying is that if they read two different books, they will read them at the same time?!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, it's siamese twins with one brain?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess its a 3 part brain instead of 2.

We just have Left and Right and they have Left, Middle, and Right.

It would be a bit cruel to study on them at a young age but it could also help develop something such as being able to transfer memories to other people through something without saying a word.

Yea it seems futuristic, but something like this could prove likely for this to happen.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Deathshot is the closest to whatever they have going on in their heads. Then again, only the mother tells us that they might be able to share each others thoughts. We'll have to wait until they grow older, so we would be able to ask them. The problem is though, that Siamese twins generally don't grow very old. Still, it would be interesting to see what they have to say.

Plus, although it wouldn't be nice for them to study on them, like DS said. It could prove for valuable information. This basically shows us (if it is true) that our brains can be 'wired' to connect to other brains. In the future, we might just all have WiFi chips in our head, linking us to other people. If they did research on these children (though that would be an ethic point of discussion of course, the mother would most likely not agree), the development of this technology might advance quicker. Brains are a complex organic structure, yet nature always seems to do amazing things with it (be it good, or bad).

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's an interesting case. Sicron's right in that most Siamese twins don't live terribly long, especially when connected at such a delicate place. Research into it would be nice but we've got to respect the family's wishes. I do feel slightly sorry for the two, despite not knowing any different, in the sense that everyday life could pose quite a few challenges for them.

How the connection actually works could be astounding. Are they both receiving the signals from the sensory organs or do they just share what the brain makes of it? It truly is a unique case.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think there will be a way to establish such a connection using technology or just by studying it. The brain is an amazing organ, that is VERY adaptive during the first few years of life. You could basically remove large portions of the brain of an infant and it would rewire itself so that most functionality is kept.
So I think this is the result of the brain's early ability to adapt really well, and most likely can't be done with adults.

Though would be interesting to see how interconnected their brains really are, I mean apparently they share stuff, but they still have separate personalities.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think there will be a way to establish such a connection using technology or just by studying it. The brain is an amazing organ, that is VERY adaptive during the first few years of life. You could basically remove large portions of the brain of an infant and it would rewire itself so that most functionality is kept.
So I think this is the result of the brain's early ability to adapt really well, and most likely can't be done with adults.

Though would be interesting to see how interconnected their brains really are, I mean apparently they share stuff, but they still have separate personalities.
You don't need to be an infant to have your brain rewire itself. Even at older ages, one can live with just a half brain essentially. You will, however, lose some of your capabilities.

That said, large portions of the brain are still pretty much a mystery to use. Studying (however cruel it may be) these children might gain us new insights on how the brains connect and communicate, giving us new ways to communicate interpersonally in the future.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the future, we might just all have WiFi chips in our head
Thats enough reason for me to hate the idea. Can you say no privacy because of a device that while making our lives easier allows anyone with enough access/knowledge to view our every move and maybe even our thoughts. Or go even further manipulate what we think.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah well, it's where we are going eventually, get used to it. The next stop from cellphones is wearable electronics (technology in your clothing), and the stop after that one is probably integrated technology in our bodies.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah well, it's where we are going eventually, get used to it. The next stop from cellphones is wearable electronics (technology in your clothing), and the stop after that one is probably integrated technology in our bodies.
You are not at all disturbed by this? I thought privacy was considered a right that every human is entitled to in the western world. This contradicts the very foundations of all those countries.

Last edited:
Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bha some fun could come out of this also i should imagine there would be safety Feature's to stop such manipulation of the human mind

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The human mind is far too complicated for anything remotely similar to this to happen within the next two decades. Beyond that, all bets are off, and if we're not all dead, we're bound to be enslaved to electronics one way or another (I'm thinking Microsoft's next invention - the Sexbox - will make 3 billion people subject to Microsoft's will).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trojan in my brain, must buy Iphone and a macbook pro now!

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Imagine that at later age. You could be having great sex, and watch television at the exact same time. How's that for multi-tasking, eh?
That's the best you could come up with? Disappointed.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enlighten me, oh great Donkey Puncher. How would you take advantage of your newly gained multitask abilities then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom