How would you react if

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I got a social question,

How would you guys react if you were friends with someone for like, 1 and a half years. You talk about everything you care about - love relationships, politics, philosphy, religion, music, and suddenly, someday he will tell you that he disconnected all of his previous friendship except for you and some other guy?

Would that creep you out? would you think something is wrong with him? Would that repulse you?

Would that even make you disconncet yourself from him?

Edit: in response to dutchmeat's comment, the reason is mostly being fed up with there degrading behaviour.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
That totally depends on the reason why he disconnected his previous friendships.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
In that case I won't be freaked out, you could also see it in a positive way(the fact he choose you and the other guy over these old friendships).
I rather have real friendships, with people I don't see that often than fake friendships, just to have friends.

On another note, degrading behaviour is so childish, grow the f up.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's better to have 1 or 2 Good/Great friends than 100 ok/bad friends

Friendship is all about Quality not Quantity in this situation

Edit: I personally would feel honoured to be counted as a good friend, Unless he's done something strange after the "break up" there's no reason to stop being his friend.

He's just improving the quality of his friendships and most likely life in general. It probably shows he's maturing, realising he doesn't need those other people around him anymore.

Last edited:
Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I concur to Deverz's post!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you implying that he's gay, or is this other person another friend?

I'm bad at reading. Ignore that.

No, I wouldn't find it weird.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Are you implying that he's gay, or is this other person another friend?

I'm bad at reading. Ignore that.

No, I wouldn't find it weird.
gay? wtf you talknig about?
no its not

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty much what Deverz said. We all have our "friends", but then we have our True Best Friends. Those are much rarer, so count yourself lucky if you can call someone yours.

A true friend is one with whom you can be fully yourself, no holds barred. I wouldn't get freaked out. And since he already told you the reason, I don't think you should too.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I can give you prime xamples of xactly what you are saying. First of all I was really popular in school here in the UK as in everybody knew me for various reasons as I was very active in all kinds of sports, activities etc. and I was greeting everybody in the hallways. As soon as school finished all but a handful of people say anything to me when they see me out on the street nowadays. I have made 1 best friend from school and stuck with him. For all intents and purposes we will call him Ryan.

Moving on a few years now and I am at Uni and I still have Ryan as best friend. He in turn had me and another friend named Jon as best friends. He knows Jon for a much longer time than me, something like Year 3 from school compared to Year 10 when he met me. Jon is also at Uni and his behaviour has started degrading in the sense that he has all these new Uni friends and forgot about his true one. When he is back in town from Uni he doesnt even call Ryan to meet up, doesnt make any effort to get in touch with him not even when he sees Ryan online on Facebook. On the other hand there is me which has always stuck by Ryan and he has told me that he has given up on Jon altogether because he thought he knew him well but he doesnt think he does any more.

Adding on as another example is that when I moved from Romania to UK, I tried keeping in touch with all my friends from my country. I soon realised all but 1 of them was making the same effort even though I knew every single one of those 7-8 people for an equal period of time. Needless to say that 1 person that I speak to almost daily up to this day is another one of my best friends. I also have 1 girl best friend whom I can always talk to because she is in the same position as me and by that I mean being a Romanian native in the UK in the same area as me.

So in total I have only a handful of best friends (some I havent mentioned because I met them in different circumstances irrelevant to this thread). And we all respect each other which I think is key.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
awesome to read all the comments, im learning and comparing.

Anyone has something more to add?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This happened to me. When Zeonix told me that he stopped talking to everyone but me, I'm not going to lie, I was scared at first. But I didn't think it was that big of a deal. What you have to watch out for is them demanding that you don't talk to anyone in real life but him. That's the real warning sign. So sure, I went along with it for a while, but it was difficult as I still live with my parents. They got the silent treatment for a while, but it was hard for them because they didn't know why I wasn't talking to them anymore. 5 months of this and I found out he had been lying to me, he just thought it would be make the world a better place if I didn't talk to anyone. Be careful Deco

Force Pit Member
Best answers
This happened to me. When Zeonix told me that he stopped talking to everyone but me, I'm not going to lie, I was scared at first. But I didn't think it was that big of a deal. What you have to watch out for is them demanding that you don't talk to anyone in real life but him. That's the real warning sign. So sure, I went along with it for a while, but it was difficult as I still live with my parents. They got the silent treatment for a while, but it was hard for them because they didn't know why I wasn't talking to them anymore. 5 months of this and I found out he had been lying to me, he just thought it would be make the world a better place if I didn't talk to anyone. Be careful Deco
What the hell are you babbling about? he told you he only talks to you because he didnt think you should talk to anyone else? wtf.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well to answer your question, No it wouldn't creep me out. Should it?
I mean does that person act weird starting from the time he said that?

Discord Member
Best answers
this is actually quite normal .... i myself have a lot of friends .... but there are only 3 of em which have always been there. quite normal for ppl to begin to realize which friends are real real friends and which ones are just part of that time/phase/ or current in your life.

if i were you, i would feel honored

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom