How would you go about becoming Beta tester for 1.3 final?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Hi ESF i am wondering on how you become a beta tester, And if your going to be picking new people anytime Soon :>

Sorry if i upset anyone for asking.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Beta Testers are selected by the Dev team personally, thus they make no announcements on the forums requesting for testers. Thats because a lot of people think they want to be beta testers, mostly because they think they will able to play the game early, but when they realize the actual work they have to do in dealing with the broken mess before them, they abandon ship.

So the Dev team, with their years of experience in dealing with related issues, take care of the entire process themselves. Don't go to them, they will come to you, considering they see you as dependable and responsible person.

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not gonna lie

Baked goods and Sexual favours go a long way

ANBU
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Careful with that Deverz....he might actually believe you. :)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
LOL you people crack me up! XD

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I'd be careful asking for Beta Tester position if you want to be one, because that can hurt your chances, if you beg and whatnot.

I am not to be taken as a trusted source of information. Please disregard if contradicting information is found.

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Everything Horatio says is opposite

Project Manager
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Start to power-idle on TS, so we can get to know you. Talk to us and we will consider giving you small tasks, that doesn't mean you will immediately get access to the build. Then someday if we feel like you could actually be a great addition to the team, since you are reliable, friendly, trustworthy, and you are a cool guy in general we just might make you a full tester. And again being a beta tester is not as fun as you might think. You are like an assistant to the DEVs it's not like you play the game tell us it's broken and that's it. Well just my two cents.

Best answers
i translate it.... be their bit-ch for some time and you can hope for becomming a tester in like 3 years!

btw just curious...........how many more are now idling on your ts?:p

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I understand everything I do know for a fact its not fun I was asking cause I have a lot a spare time and I was Curious Thanks for the info! I will keep it in mind

Cheers for talking serious !

--- edit ---

I understand everything I do know for a fact its not fun I was asking cause I have a lot a spare time and I was Curious Thanks for the info! I will keep it in mind

Cheers for talking serious !

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
But, as far as I remember, being a tester actually requires somewhat of a commitment. A lot of us had to step down simply because we couldn't get to the meetings due to work or school. And I wouldn't expect to go into it and see an amazing game just waiting to be released. It's still a work in progress.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Yer well I finished school 3 years ago and done my tafe course right after that for 2 years and 2 weeks and i'm done with that I don't work I guess its time to earn respect and see what happens from there

--- edit ---

Yer well I finished school 3 years ago and done my tafe course right after that for 2 years and 2 weeks and i'm done with that I don't work I guess its time to earn respect and see what happens from there

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I tried hanging out in TS once. All I saw were people busy in the passworded sections while I hung out by my lonely self.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I tried hanging out in TS once. All I saw were people busy in the passworded sections while I hung out by my lonely self.
We should form a club.

"The people who don't have anyone to talk to"

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Someone hear whispers?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I'm up to join that club I been on the TS server every now and than and about 5 devs where on but in the locked channel I was so lonely ! xD

--- edit ---

I'm up to join that club I been on the TS server every now and than and about 5 devs where on but in the locked channel I was so lonely ! xD

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I usually join the public section when im on and there are people in there. Provided we dont have something important going on in the locked section that is.

I am no more
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
What about me ? I'm almost always on TS ESF section :p

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Being masochistic is usually a good first step XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom