how to open a port?

Best answers
someone told me to go to control panel and then fire wall turn it off then go to add port im not sure wat do do there i using a routor and they told me i need to forword a port to host a server and stuff im not sure if thats the way to do it if it is help me

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You don't have access to your router?

Best answers
You don't have access to your router?
my mom have the setting and stuff in her room i got the box in my room and when it said right click my computer i cant find it and i dont realy understand how to do that=( i have a linksys v7 and i want to know if there a other way a easy way that i know i can do and that will work=)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my mom have the setting and stuff in her room i got the box in my room and when it said right click my computer i cant find it and i dont realy understand how to do that=( i have a linksys v7 and i want to know if there a other way a easy way that i know i can do and that will work=)
I remember learning how to forward ports was a ***** because there wasn't a step by step guide that straight up told you what you need to do.

1)Start-->Run
2)Type cmd
3)Type ipconfig
4) Look for the Default Gateway (should be something like 192.168.x.x)
5) Go into Internet Explorer / Firefox (a browser) and type that number in.
6) It most likely will ask you to enter the admin information. Ask your mom for it. If she questions why, tell her it's to be able to play a game with friends, and to sound like you know what you're doing, say "I need to forward a port so my friends can come through the router without being blocked so we can play!"
7) Look for Port Fowarding options.
8) Now looking at the black screen, look for IP Address (mine is 192.168.0.4)
9) Go enter that IP Address, and now for the port numbers, enter 27000 - 27018
10) Save, and it should work.

Make sure fire walls are turned off.

Best answers
I remember learning how to forward ports was a ***** because there wasn't a step by step guide that straight up told you what you need to do.

1)Start-->Run
2)Type cmd
3)Type ipconfig
4) Look for the Default Gateway (should be something like 192.168.x.x)
5) Go into Internet Explorer / Firefox (a browser) and type that number in.
6) It most likely will ask you to enter the admin information. Ask your mom for it. If she questions why, tell her it's to be able to play a game with friends, and to sound like you know what you're doing, say "I need to forward a port so my friends can come through the router without being blocked so we can play!"
7) Look for Port Fowarding options.
8) Now looking at the black screen, look for IP Address (mine is 192.168.0.4)
9) Go enter that IP Address, and now for the port numbers, enter 27000 - 27018
10) Save, and it should work.

Make sure fire walls are turned off.
um i have a problem my mom dosent want to do this and some reason i cant turn off my firewall on this computer i have my sisters computer and on my old one i could=(

um i have a problem my mom dosent want to do this and some reason i cant turn off my firewall on this computer i have my sisters computer and on my old one i could=(
nvm i just remember i already know the pass and everything :) but my only problem is my firewall i cant turn it off

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom